Chapter Twenty- Eight -Louis

It seemed so wrong of me to tell Niall that I got in when his news came. His grandma was a lovely lady and though I only met her twice, I would definitely miss her. She treated me so nice, especially after she found out what I did to Niall, she still didn't mind me being with him. If Niall was happy, she was happy. 

Part of me was jealous, and I shouldn't be. I left Niall alone with Harry and I know nothing would ever happen, but he and Harry always seemed closer than what we ever did, and I left them alone while I went out to get food. I should be comforting Niall right now, not Harry. But he wanted Harry. 

I ordered food from Nandos, just some random things for the three of us to pick at at this sad time. I doubted Niall would even touch his food. When I returned, Harry and Niall were on our bed, Harry next to him while he slept. I tried not to let it show I was jealous of their closeness and set the food on the desk. 

Harry sat up from where he lay and smiled sadly. He climbed off the bed, careful not to wake him, and walked over to me and spoke words I never expected. 

"I'm sorry I was a dick to you, I guess I was living in the past and Niall has told me how much he loves you and what you've had to go through at home" 

"It's fine" I shrugged off casually. It's all I could do, I didn't want to seem smug or anything. 

"Please don't hurt him again. He doesn't deserve any more heartbreak in his life" I looked at the sleeping boy with tears on his cheeks and swollen eyes.

"I promise" and I would keep that promise. I never wanted to hurt Niall ever again, he was my life. 

"He told me he got signed, he just needs to go through a contract" Harry mentioned looking through the bag. "He's going to be great" I agreed he would be, he has an amazing voice and is amazing on guitar. People will love him and his laugh and his personality. He was just that brilliant. 

"Yeah" I didn't know why I was still so upset. Harry just made me feel jealous, he was this amazing being, who helped Niall through a shitty time, the one who helped Niall find himself. It should have been me.

"You alright?" Harry asked, he picked up a box of chicken and opened it. 

"I guess. Its... It's just... You. You just make me so extremely jealous. I shouldn't be, you have James and I have Niall, but he seems so much closer to you. I guess I have been distant, I don't mean to be, I just want to be helpful to Charly, she's all alone and pregnant with my baby..."

"Niall understands. He honestly does. But he's happy for you, and he will be there for you both" I smiled, I think this is the nicest conversation Harry and I have ever had with each other. "Hey weren't there footy people 'round earlier to pick people?" he asked me curiously. 

"Yeah, they were here. They chose me. I haven't spoken to Niall though, I was going to tell him tonight when we went out to celebrate his contract, but then the phone call came" I admitted. "There's always drama with us, isn't there?" I tried to joke to lighten the mood. 

"That's great Lou! You two will be great" I sighed. I couldn't imagine being famous with Niall. I mean, he'd be touring and I'd have to be home with a child and practicing. 

"What if fame gets in the way?" Harry rested a hand on my shoulder. 

"Louis. He's come back to you once before, he loves you and if you love him as much as you claim to, it will work" he was right. We loved each other, and we would make it work, even if it got hard we'd make it work. That's what couples do. "I honestly don't understand how he could though, he must really love you" 

"What if he doesn't actually love me?" I asked, worry filling my voice. "He's been with two people, what if he doesn't actually love me? and he finds someone to love more?" Harry grimaced. It was such a painful thought, to lose him. 

"Then it wasn't love" my heart broke, and I wanted to cry. That couldn't happen. It just couldn't. I needed him. He was my everything. "Stop worrying about the future Louis. Right now, Niall is going to need you to be with him, that's all you can do for now" 

Movement from the bed signalled Niall was waking up from his nap, his eyes blinked and moved to where Harry and I were standing at the desk talking. I smiled softly and knelt in front of the bed. 

"Hi baby" my hand carded through his hair. "How are you feeling?" 

"'m al'ight" his voice was croaky and as if he had a lump still stuck in his throat. "It wasn't a dream was it?" I shook my head sadly, watching him try to hold back his tears. 

"It's alright Ni" I tried. "Do you want some food? A drink?" he shook his head. "Will you just hold me?" 

"Of course I will. Let me put our food away" I pressed a kiss to Niall's forehead. Niall closed his eyes and nodded.

I stood up and walked back to where Harry was. He was eating one of the containers of food I had brought.

"I'll go. Leave you two alone" he sat the food down.

"Harry? Um. Thank you. For everything" I smiled. "You can take that with you, we'll have plenty here. On the house"

"Lou..." I shook my head. I was ready for everything to be pushed in the past. "Fine. Either of you need anything, call me" 

"Thanks" Harry left our dorm and headed home. I quickly packed the food away and climbed into bed, holding Niall close to me. 

"You two seem close now" he mumbled. I just chuckled. 

"We're getting there" I could see a smile being plastered over his lips at those words. Niall wanted that. Us to be able to get along. "Everything is going to be okay" he just nodded. Whether he believed it or not, it was going to be okay in the end. I just knew it.

A/N okay really bad filler, lots of speech but here's something. Can't believe it's taken so long to write this