Chapter Twelve - Louis

After the talk at the cafe I didn't go to Niall's the next day like I said I might. I was really planning on going but things kind of changed. My homework had piled up, I had to get an extra practice in and I had arranged a meeting with the music teacher at the college.

The college focused on a weird mix of things, Arts; performing arts like drama and art as in painting; Music; anything music based, learning to be a producer, playing instruments, or singing, then sport; they had a few teams, but they were mostly soccer oreintated, so the focus was on us and hopefully someone would get chosen to proceed into the pro's. I really wanted that to be me, but I wasn't half as good as everyone else, so I needed to have a back-up plan. That I wasn't sure on and since I wasn't the smartest person I was taking the easiest classes to help me get into a simple job.

I raced through the school and into the music room, I didn't mean to disrupt the peace and quiet they were all in writing something down or talking amongst each other about how the project they're working on will turn out. All eyes were focused on me at this point of time and I felt completely embarrassed.

In the corner I spotted someone I didn't ever think to see in here. He disappeared when the teacher came up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face him and smiled.

"Louis, thanks for dropping by" he smiled widely.

"No worries. Sorry if I'm late I've been in a rush all morning" he waved it off as if it were nothing. See, I'm not in the music classes. I can't sing, nor play an instrument, but one day I was writing a song and the paper flew off the table and well, he found it, thought it was great. So now every time I write a song I give it to him, and he gives it to someone in his class.

"Do you have time? I would like you to meet the person who has been singing your songs" he smiled. I didn't get to protest before he called over the boy who had been singing my songs. "Niall" I froze for a second. Niall could sing and he had been singing my songs? My songs. They're mostly about him.

Niall walked over to us, a smile on his face but it looked fake, he didn't want to come over and associate with me, or us, most likely me. He left a harsh message after I didn't let him know I couldn't spend time with him, and I didn't respond to him the next day. It now seems we've taken a step back then a step forward.

"Niall, this is Louis, he's been writing the songs I've been giving you" he smiled widely. If only he knew we actually knew each other. This would be even more awkward.

"I didn't know you wrote songs" Niall said. His tone was mixed between harsh and shocked.

"Yeah, I have been since highschool" Niall continued to look at me in awe.

"I'm sorry, do you two know each other?" the teacher butted in.

"Unfortunately. Yes, I do" Niall said and walked away leaving me and the teacher alone.

I didn't want him to be mad at me, I wanted to be loved by him. I needed him, I felt lonely without him.

"We used to date" I informed the teacher, not that he needed to know that. "I'm going to head off, I have a lot to catch up on. See ya" he waved me off and I walked away from the music room. I never once saw Niall in the music room when I dropped off a song. Maybe I chose a day he actually had the class. Either way, Niall hates me again. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep this up. Everything I do turns into crap and I needed to fix it. I'm taking Niall out for drinks and we're going to sort this out. I need him.

-

I walked around my dorm room, pacing back and forth. I was deciding how to make this phone call with Niall work. I needed him to forgive me so I could move on with him. I need him to forgive me, I need to be with him.

Finally, unlocked my phone and dialled Niall's number. It rung through, right until the very end and I got voicemail. I tried to call him again, same thing. I groaned in frustration but tried one last time. He answered.

"What?" he asked, obviously annoyed.

"I want us to go out, get a few drinks and talk again" he sighed. "Please Niall, I didn't mean to not call you the other day"

"Louis... It's not just that. It's-"

"Niall, you know what I'm like with homework, I let it build up and I had a lot to do, I was running around the place like a mad man"

"You never told me about writing songs" he whispered changing the topic. "The songs I got given sounded so much like me, but I thought it was a coincidence. I mean how many people are there with blonde hair and blue eyes?" I smiled.

"I didn't think I was good. No one knows I write songs, well, didn't know" I told him. "I didn't even know you were into music "

"I am. Okay, I'll go out with you drinking. Are you free friday?"

"I am" I smiled. "The pub we spent at New Years?"

"Sounds like a plan" we stayed on the phone for an extra moment not speaking. I liked it, just knowing he was still on the other end with me was good enough for me.

"I'll see you later"

"See you later" I smiled, then we hung up.

I stood there smiling like a lovestruck fool, my phone still in my hand. I must have been there for a while because Zayn and Liam walked in to see my in that same place. They asked me what I was doing standing there like an idiot and when I replied with "I'm seeing Niall on Friday" they ooh'd and walked off to Zayn's bed, and Zayn pulled out another joint.

It was surprising he didn't get caught out smoking the stuff, but if he did, I knew I'd be dragged down with him. That's how he rolls. I joined the couple on the single bed and we all continued to smoke the joint until we were all off our faces.

A/N I want to say I in no way encourage smoking drugs, doing drugs or drinking alcohol. I have been putting it in my fanfictions but I don't want people to think it's okay to do it. It's bad, especially drugs

(For the Australian's, we all know Phil Walsh died and it seemed his son was the one who murdered him, he was on drugs at that point. R.I.P to a well loved man)

Again, DON'T DO DRUGS