Chapter Eleven - Niall

I was crazy right? I was crazy to meet Louis again, while being sober. I didn't know, I felt like I was. But at the same time I didn't. I wanted to actually listen to Louis's story and maybe, maybe if it's convincing enough I may give him a second chance. Then again, did I want to waste my time on someone I have already dated when I could be dating someone else, someone new?

Harry was already dating that guy from the pub he hooked up with on New Years. I think his name is James. I was supposed to be going over later today. 

I looked at the watch on my wrist checking the time, nearly two. I looked down at the table and played with the salt shaker in my hands, on the table, turning it around while waiting for Louis. Not even a minute passed and the bell above the door rang, signalling someone's entrance. I looked up, not really expecting it to be Louis, but hoping it was. And it was. He smiled widely and walked over to the table made for two and took a seat in front of me.

"Hi" he said, he sounded breathless. I just responded back with the same greeting. "So, drink?" before I could protest a waitress walked up and Louis ordered a coffee for the both of us.

"Thanks" I smiled. "Um, I want to talk about us" I started.

"Okay, what about us" he reached his hand out to mine but I moved it away, he retracted immediately. 

"Firstly, I want to hear you out about our relationship. Start to finish, no lies, no short cuts, I want every detail" Louis sighed and nodded. He sat still for a few moments, thinking about how to begin his explaination. While waiting for him to speak, the waitress came back, winked at Louis and swayed her hips slightly as she walked away. I caught him looking momentarily, and it reminded me I'd have to compete  with a lot more people then if I were just with a guy who liked guys.

"Okay, first part of the story" I nodded. "Okay, so I was sitting at the soccer table, eating like normal when Brandon thought it would be a good idea to make a bet with me" 

"And that was?" he took a sip of his hot beverage, the foam creating a moustache around his top lip, I found it cute but I had to ignore it. He wiped it away and continued. 

"The bet was that I had to date you until we went all the way" he said ashamed. "But when we got together, I begun to realise I didn't want the bet. I wanted you" my heart melted for a second, I pushed it away and urged him on. 

"Anything else you need to add?" 

"Everything I told you, about us, you, me was true. I never lied to you Niall. I loved you so much then, and I love you now" he sighed. "Niall, I know what I did was stupid and I should never have done it, but I did, and I should have told you when I realised I loved you. But I didn't and I'm stupid for that" 

"You're not stupid Lou" I cursed for being nice right now. "You just made bad choices" I scoffed at myself. "I've been thinking the past day about us" 

"Oh" I saw his eyes brighten a little. 

"If we were to get back together, we go all the way back to stage one, maybe before that" the brightness faded. "Here's my propistion"  he nodded keenly. "We go back to being somewhat friends, and if we both continue to grow feelings, we'll talk about moving a step up the ladder, dating and all that. Okay?" 

"Anything. I'm willing to do anything if it means we can possibly be together" I blushed, no wonder I fell for him. 

"Now" I started again, Louis looked at me, slight worry in his facial features. "I want to know what I said to you on New Years" 

"I already told you-"

"I want to hear it again, that way I can tell if you're lying" his eyes dropped and he took a deep breath. 

"Because I wouldn't sleep with you you said, and I quote, "no wonder no one likes you"." my eyes widened slightly. Why would I say something like that. "I almost cried, as much as I hate admitting stuff like that"

"I'm sorry Lou. I-I didn't mean to" I wanted to kiss him and make it better, but that means I have gone against my own wishes on what I wanted.

"It's fine" he shrugged it off. "I'm used to it. You know, useless, waste of space, a failure. Been called it all" 

I got up and walked around to him, I stood in front of him and pulled him up into standing position. I hugged him and kissed his cheek. He seemed stunned at first but hugged back tightly. People were probably looking at us, but I couldn't care. My friend needed comfort and that's what he was going to get. 

"I told you this when we dated , but please don't think of yourself that way. You're none of those things" we pulled back and he looked up slightly at me, seeing as I was slightly taller, his eyes went to my lips and mine to his. The temptation to kiss was strong, so strong. We both wanted to kiss each other, and the time just looking at each other was getting quite ridiculous. 

"Sorry" Louis said suddenly and pulled back. "That's not normal for friends" and he had no bitterness in his voice whatsoever. I nodded.

"Yeah. You're right" we didn't move.

"I have to cut this short" he said, the first to break the silence. "I have to go. I'll see you later?" He stepped back.

"Tomorrow?" I asked. "Come around?" He faltered and bit his lip.

"We'll see"

A/N This isn't going exactly how I wanted it to. Ohwell