Chapter Twenty-Nine - Niall

The wonderful, but also dreadful, day rolled around. I was not prepared, not even the slightest, for anything on this day. I had my meeting, I looked like death though. After hearing of my grandma's death, I hadn't slept or eaten very well, I just didn't feel like it. But Louis made me eat something and tried to help me sleep, he was wonderful like that, even when Charly had called about things he made sure to help us as well as he could. He was struggling too. 

He told me, two days later, that he got signed. I couldn't be happier for him, both our dreams were coming true. We could finally do what we loved together. It was going to be great. Once I get through this rough patch. 

"Ni, you ready?" I walked out the bathroom, my eyes droopy and face lacking colour. This was not the look I wanted for my interview and signing of a contract. 

"I look like Hell" I mumbled. Louis smiled fondly at me, he walked over and placed a light kiss on my lips. 

"You do look a little down, but still look great" I lightly smiled. "You just need colour in your face" 

"How am I supposed to do that?" he just smirked, kissing my lips, down my chin to my neck, pressing soft warm, kisses. It normally felt good, I loved when he did it, it got me flustered. Today, it didn't. "Lou, stop" I pushed his face away. "Stop please" 

"Not helping?" I shook my head. A small, sad, smile fell upon his lips. "Alright" he kissed my nose. "You still look good, are you ready?" I just nodded. It was now or never. "Good, we'll leave as soon as your interview is over, alright?" I nodded again. I couldn't believe the funeral was tomorrow and I would need to be attending it. My heart tore at the thought. 

We left our campus and Louis drove me down to the address. A tall building, more than 20 floors high, stood in front of us. My heart raced, I was nervous, and I felt sick. I didn't know if I could do it. 

"Ni, you're gonna be fine. They just want to talk to you, okay? You're just signing a contract" 

"I know, but... I'm still frightened. What if they want me to hide who I am?" he took my hands into his.

"Then don't sign the contract. You can't let them control you, okay?" I nodded. "I'm going to go home and get our things and I'll be right back. You'll be fine" he pecked my lips. I nodded again. I could do this, I can do this. 

I climbed out of Louis's car and walked into the building, asking the receptionist to send me in the right direction. 'Up the elevator to level 16' her words rang in my head. I did as told and finally found my way to a conference room. Lots of men were standing around a table, a pile of paper in front of them. 

"Mr Horan. Pleasure to meet you in person. I must say, very impressive work" I shook the man's hand firmly and thanked him for his words. "Now, we have the contract here to have a look at, if you wouldn't mind" he gestured to the paper. I nodded and began to read over the words. 

Payment, copyright, tour dating, breaks, albums, dating. 

I read over the section multiple times, hoping I was reading the words correctly. I couldn't go through with that. There was no way I could. I couldn't sign the contract with this part being in there. It wasn't right, it wasn't who I am. 

"Is everything alright Mr Horan?" I looked up blankly then to the paper. my throat was dry. This was once in a life time opportunity and I could potentially blow it.

"This, um, dating thing" I stated. "I don't think I can do this. I can't date a girl" they stared at me. 

"Are you taken Mr Horan?" I bit my lip looking down at the table that held the contract.