Chapter Twenty-two - Niall

It's been two months since Louis found out he had a child and I was not 100% happy about it. Sure it was great that he would be having a kid of his own, but the circumstances are something I wasn't happy with. I would have loved to have a kid with Louis once we finished our studies and got our own place and started our careers. This is not really what I wanted. His time is slowly being consumed by the baby and Charly. 

Last month he went to the scan. He hadn't been to any others before that. I guess she wanted to make sure it was a sure thing before pulling him into it. When Louis came home from the scan he was happy and had a print out. He was showing me his baby, and my smile was mostly forced. 

He was always texting her as well. Always keeping each other informed of the baby or things they were doing. I slowly started to feel as if I wasn't as important in Louis's life anymore and I didn't know how to tell him. So I kept a smile on my face pretended that I was okay with everything. 

Zayn had agreed to move into Liam's room and that left me to be with Louis. And that was great. I was ecstatic that I was living with Louis. For the first few weeks that was. Then things started to change. The baby got in the way a lot more. 

Today we were both out and away from each other. Louis was on the field getting more practice in with his team. Big people were coming at the end of the school year, which was fast approaching. Me, I had decided to catch up with some old friends. Brodie and Chelsea. We haven't seen each other lately and it would be nice to see them again.

I walked into the cafe where Brodie and Chelsea were already sitting waiting for me. I took a seat at their table and adjusted my glasses as I took a seat. My eyes were getting too irritated by the contacts I wore daily and they needed a break. 

"Hey Niall" Brodie smiled. 

"Hey" I replied. Things felt different. Not a lot different, just, different. As if I didn't know how to speak to them anymore. 

"How's things with Louis?" Chelsea asked. Though she said Louis's name in disgust. I sighed. I really wish they would let the past go. He really actually was a decent guy.

"It's alright. Things were good" I let it slip. "Things are just a bit hectic that's all" Brodie and Chelsea exchanged a look before turning back to me. They questioned what exactly was hectic and I didn't know if I should actually tell them or not. I mean it wasn't really my place to announce it to them. But somehow the words left my mouth anyway. "Louis got a girl pregnant at the start of the year" 

"So he cheated? Figures" Chelsea scoffed. That made my blood boil.

"Actually. He didn't cheat on me. This was before we got together" I stated. 

"Still he got a girl pregnant and it seems he's leaving you behind. What a jerk" I sighed and looked into my lap. She was right. I was being left behind, but she made it seem so much more worse than what it was. I felt awkward and uncomfortable around the two now. These two were my closest friends and now, it felt like we were never there.

"I need to go to the bathroom" I got up and walked to the toilets in the back of the cafe. 

I didn't need to go. I just needed to be away from them, for a few minutes. They weren't making things any easier for me and that's what I wanted. I wanted to forget about those things for a while and just talk to old friends like old times. 

I walked to the basin and took my glasses off. I hung them on my shirt and turned the tap on to splash water on my face. Refreshing myself is just what I needed. I looked at myself in the mirror. Really looked. My blue eyes were sad, my already pale face looking even more pale. I was not looking good at all, and all I could think about was that is was because of Louis leaving me behind in his life. 

Patting dry my pace with paper towel, I then put my glasses back on and headed back out to the table Brodie and Chelsea were seated at. Talking to one another, while waiting. I took my seat again and saw my phone buzzing on the table.

Brodie and Chelsea took a glance at each other as I picked up my phone and saw Harry's name flashing on the screen with a message that read: Hey wanna had to the gym? :) I replied a quick 'yes. meet you there' and returned my attention to my two once called friends.

"Well. I'm going to head off now. Thanks, for this. It was such a pleasure meeting up with you again" I said bitterly and walked off and out of the cafe to meet Harry at the gym. This is what I needed. A good strong work out to get my mind off the terrible things. Harry always seems to know what to do to make me feel better. He was definitely a good friend. Way better than those two back in the cafe. Even Liam and Zayn were better than those two. I knew I had to remove those two from my life, and I will. I will no longer speak to them. That's the end of that chapter in my life. I now have to focus on mine and Louis's chapter, which now included a baby and a girl named Charly.

A/N well things are getting intense. Comment and vote :)