Epilogue

A/N Last chapter, think you could give more comments and votes for me? Make it go out with a bang?

Five Years Later 

Niall

The bed was warm and cosy with another body lying next to me. But it didn't feel right. It never did. I turned to my side looking at the glowing red numbers on the alarm clock, blurred with my shitty vision, I could still make out the time, just. 5:34am. So early. I barely slept, despite that everything was alright, my mind wouldn't stop reeling with thoughts of my past. 

I sat up in my bed and looked at the man next to me. Tanned skin, fit body, blonde hair. He was beautiful, a lovely person. But he wasn't who I wanted. Despite our year relationship, I just couldn't love him. I pulled myself out of bed, slipping my glasses on my nose to find my way through the house.

My eyes burned as I stepped into the bathroom, the light too much too soon. I rubbed them, and walked to the basin. My contacts sat on the counter waiting to be used, I put them on and blinked, feeling so much better with these in. I smiled, this me was better, stronger. But not as happy. 

Five years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life and it never left me, but with work and personal things, I could never repair that mistake. Today though was the day. I didn't care anymore, I had thought about it too much to let it keep going on like this. 

I hurried out of the bathroom, changing my clothes quickly into something more presentable, before running to my kitchen, grabbing my car keys and leaving the house. Of course I felt bad for leaving my boyfriend behind in this way. It wasn't fair to him and I knew I would hate myself for treating him this way. My mind just had other plans. 

The drive through London was quiet and peaceful, now six in the morning, people yet to wake up to the world and start their days. This was beyond early for me on my time off, and I prayed it wouldn't be too early to see him either. 

I had his address from the beginning. He gave it to me years ago, and though its been five years, I hoped he hadn't decided to move. This was the only lead I had, the only chance I had. I pulled up in front of the building, looking at how expensive and wonderful it looked. Just like mine. 

"This is it. You can do it" I told myself. Taking a deep breath, I climbed out of my car, thanking God there were no paps around. That's not what I needed today. 

Hurriedly, I made my way into the building, up the elevator to his floor. My heart hammered in my chest. Its been so long since I saw him in person, on TV, sure I've seen him, but never been in his presence. 

Now, I stood at his door. My heart pounded against my chest so hard I thought it would beat out of my body. Shakily, I brought my hand up to the wooden door and knocked twice. I bit my lip as I waited for any sign of life on the other side. It was just after six and Louis was never good at getting up early unless he had places to go. I went to knock again before feet hitting the ground on the other side was heard and the door opened. 

My eyes widened at the sight. There stood Kate, looking up at me with blue eyes and light brown hair in messy pigtails. She looked so much like Louis it was unbelievable. 

"Hello" I spoke softly. "I-is your dad home?" she looked up at me squinting, she was trying to figure me out. I could tell, it was that very same look when you see someone in the street and try to remember where you saw them before.

"Who are you?" she asked. So curious with her head tipped to the side. My mouth opened ready to respond to her question, but I got cut short by his voice.