BONUS CHAPTER - Football

Niall

"God I'm so nervous" Louis jumped up and down warming himself up before his first game of the season. 

"You'll be fine. You do this every year" I chuckled holding his arms. "You're great Louis, we're all here to support you" he smiled and stopped his jumpy state. 

"I just... The first is normally the game they judge you on for the rest of the year, and I've been doing so well every year, I don't want to ruin it" I shook my head. He was unbelievable sometimes. 

"Just shh" I laughed at him. "You'll do fine" I pecked him on the lips. "Do you want me to take your rings?" Louis and I got married a month after I proposed, it was the only time we both had time off to actually do anything, so, we tied the knot in my parents backyard with a few friends. Very top secret and surprisingly, we didn't get bombarded by anyone until we took the plane to Australia. I loved the country and wanted to go any chance I could. 

Louis handed me his rings, he doesn't like playing with them on, scared they will come off during the game and we all know he'll flip if he loses them. He would stop the game halfway if he realised they were gone. 

"It'll be good. You always do good" I smiled and kissed him quickly. "Alright, time to go, me and the girls will be watching you, same spot" I pecked his lips one last time before walking out of the change rooms and following the path I take every time to my seat the girls were sitting at. 

I walked up into the balcony and side stepped past people standing next to Charly, Kate and our newest edition, Lucy. I walked up to them, hearing Lucy call out to me. 

"Daddy!" she cheered. After Louis's and I talk the night we got engaged, we had a chat with Charly, she was happy with the idea, and keen to be the 'surrogate' in a sense. Of course we went through the hospital and she got inserted, and it sure took some time too. We tried for a year before we got our results. Now here we are, Kate at nine and Lucy at one. 

"Hey baby girl" I cooed taking my daughter out of Charly's hands. She looked more like me than she did Charly, but of course you could see Charly in her. 

"How is he?" Charly asked, knowing fully well that he has issues with his first game. She was the one who warned me about it. She was with him for five years of his career, so she knew. I don't know how she got him through it before. Maybe it was Kate. 

"Nervous, as usual" I chuckled bouncing Lucy in my arms. 

"Wouis! Wouis play!" Lucy cheered. She was still learning her words and couldn't pronounce Louis's name yet, but she was learning.

"It's Louis" Kate replied, taking her father's sassy tone. 

"She's still learning sweetie" Charly told her eldest daughter. "He'll do great, he always does" I nodded.

"I know. He just gets so worried sometimes, it affects his game. I've seen it. Did you see the way he played as you got closer to your due date? Lucy technically isn't biologically his and he still had a panic attack before every game" Charly sighed. 

"I know. We can't change that about him. So stubborn, he is" 

"Tell me about it" I rolled my eyes. He was very stubborn and panicky. Especially around Charly. He was never this bad.

The game started shortly after and the team ran out on the field, setting themselves up in their positions, opposite the other team. I always got excited about this, it was rare I would see a game and now, I saw one nearly every weekend during the season. 

As the whistle blew, Louis was off, running around like he always did, stealing the ball and kicking it off to his other team mates to try and score, or running off with the ball himself. He was always so full of energy and such a great player. He would definitely be in the game for years to come.