Part 1: Dawn

(Picture not mine; just a close visualization of my oc, Dawn. Except she has spring green eyes and we can only imagine in Dana Terrace's style. Honestly, my oc here is pretty plain in physical appearance.)

About two months after Luz discovered the Boiling Isles . . .

Dawn is a college student from a human school. She usually has her hair tied back and wore long loose jeans, and a baggy light sweater. Among her group of friends, she was the quiet book nerd type yet respected and loved by everyone. She and her friends made plans on Saturday to go to the Renaissance Fair. She was thrilled to go since it was her first time.

"Hey, Dawn!" said a girl with short, blond hair. "What are you gonna go as? I'm gonna be a paladin with a Red Riding Hood vibe!"

"Don't know," replied Dawn as she thought for a moment. "Gypsy? Huntress? Witch? Pirate witch?"

"You should be a princess!" said another friend with glasses. "Although, gypsy sounds good. Or fairy queen? Point is, we have never seen you wear a dress before. Come on! How often do you get the chance to feel like a real princess?"

"How often do you get a chance to feel like a knight?" countered Dawn and chuckled. "I'll think about it. I wish the Renaissance Fair was here every day. Fantasy life sounds so much fun."

"Right?! Anyways, see you Saturday!" said the girl with blond hair and waved to her friends. "Bye, guys!"

"Byeeee!!!"

Dawn chuckles at her friends before returning home for the day.

~~~

Saturday arrives and Dawn gets ready for the fair. She decided to go with a princess costume: a simple, coral red dress with an embroidered fillet headdress without the veil or barbette sash. She let her hair down for today and wore bracelets with simple gold leaves design. She was like a princess in the autumn season as she twirls herself around. She giggles and hears her friend's car honking outside.

"Hurry up, Dawn!" called her friends, each wearing a medieval or fantasy-themed costume.

Dawn heads downstairs and exits her house to meet her friends. Her friends' eyes widen seeing her costume and complimented her, making her lightly blush. She lifts her skirt and heads for the car when she stops and saw a kid on the streets.

It was a little girl, about 5 years old, crossing the streets while a speeding car was coming toward her. Dawn rushes to the little girl and shouts at the car. "Stop!! Stop!!!"

Her friends look behind and saw everything and quickly they did the same thing and even honk their horn. The driver was too busy texting to notice anything while Dawn dashed for the little girl. She snatches the girl off the streets just in time, but she trips on her dress. They both fall and tumble on the other side and fall down a small hill. Dawn's friends scream while Dawn holds the child close, ready to crash into a bush or bump into a tree. However, at the last sight, Dawn noticed a bright light before shutting her eyes tight.

And fall into an unknown portal.

~~~

Dawn hears a ringing in her ears and muffled voices all around her. A piercing headache throbs in her head while she groans softly. She sits up weakly and tries to see what was happening around her. Dawn could only see a tall figure with an ominous-looking mask and white figures surrounding him. The white figures pointed their staffs at Dawn, but she could only feel her throbbing headache and the warmth of the tiny girl.

"A human?" said one of the guards. "What's a human doing here?"

"What shall we do with these intruders, sir?" asked Kikimora.

The tall figure with the ominous mask looks down upon Dawn and the little girl. Dawn tries to reach out for him but felt her body in pain while the little girl stays close to her. The figure gave his order. "Capture them."

The guards took a step forward while the little girl acts quickly. She makes a glowing circle with her tiny finger and places a spell over Dawn's forehead. At that moment, Dawn falls into a deep slumber, which intrigues the emperor more. After that the little girl suddenly teleports, leaving Dawn alone.

"Where did she go?! Find her!" ordered Kikimora while half of the guards search the castle.

Among the other half, one of the guards uses a plant spell to capture Dawn. However, when the viney plant reaches for Dawn a blue force field stops it and disappears. So the guard tries again but with the same results. The other guards cast their magic at Dawn, but no matter what spell the guards cast the force field always shields Dawn.

"Hmm." Belos noticed this and ordered his men to stop for a moment.

He walks over to Dawn's sleeping body and kneels before her. Belos reaches his hand down and touches her arm. No force field.

"How interesting." He chuckles in amusement before scooping up Dawn and lifting her up.

"Kikimora," said Belos. "Prepare a room for our guest. I have questions for her, and do make sure you find that child."

"Yes, Emperor Belos," replied Kikimora as she bows her head while watching the emperor carry Dawn away.

To be continued . . .