Part 44: Lucid Tales of Grim Romance

(Image art belongs to BlueStripedRenulian, bow before them. This chapter is just a filler, not much story goes on here, sorry it's long. But I couldn't resist.)

Dawn remains in her cursed sleeping during the day and still with nightmares. However, today her nightmares become more surreal and more twisted.

~~~

Sleeping Beauty

Luzura cries beside her royal cousin, who has been cursed by the terrible Terra Snapdragon.

"Oh, dear cousin! Thou has been ruined by the wicked and cruel witch of thorns!" cried Luzura dramatically. "Thy curse will forever keep thee from opening thine spring-filled eyes! Oh, woe is we, your dear family! I mean, thy!"

Eda wears a kingly attire and stands beside her sister and Luzura's aunt, Dertrude.

"My dear niece! All is not lost!" declared Aunt Dertrude. "Remember, the Good Witch, Gwendolyn, and thy powerful grandmother, hath said true love's kiss will break the spell!"

Luzura asks, "But, dear Cool Aunt Dertrude, who is cousin's true love? She has yet speaketh a suitor's name!"

Eda urgently joins in, "Knock it off, nerds! Terra Snapdragon has summoned man-eating thorns around our castle! We must protect it and my son, the heir, King!"

The three of them reluctantly leave Princess Aurora's room and go to save their kingdom.

Scene changes, night has fallen.

Everyone in the castle has fallen asleep except for a lone man. He had managed to cross through the wall of thorns using his wit and crooked dagger. A simple wanderer, Philip, enters the castle and explores his surroundings.

He passes by Luzura and her family, glaring at the royals, before going up the spiral staircase. Philip goes to the tallest tower and finds the room where the sleeping princess resides.

When he entered, Philip's heart skipped a beat as his eyes lay upon Aurora's sleeping face. The princess remains unmoving while he approaches her side with his dagger in hand.

"Dear sleeping maiden," began Philip softly, "thy face is art and thine eyes are hidden treasures. I beg thee to reveal them."

With his free hand, Philip brushes Aurora's hair aside, caressing her cheek, and then his hand on her chin. His thumb brushes her pink lips as he leans in.

"Though I came here to steal thy life, I shall steal thy lips."

Philip leans in more and presses his lips on to Aurora's. A slow, tender kiss while the princess's hand twitches.

With her free hand, Aurora reaches up to caress Philip's face, savoring the kiss, before parting. He smiles tenderly and leans in to her touch. She smiles back.

"Poor, shrewd man," began the princess gently, "thou has also stolen mine heart. But thy eyes show much deceit. Won't you reveal them?"

Philip noticed his dagger gone and now within Aurora's hand. She points the crooked blade at his chest and stares up at him. Her voice was soft as a dove's while bearing a cold warning. "One more kiss will be your end."

Philip's eyes widen baffled as he glances down at his own blade. Aurora glares at Philip before noticing a figure behind. A dead man killed by that same dagger.

Dawn gasps as she drops the crooked dagger and suddenly drops into an abyss through her bed.

~~~

Phantom of the Opera

Dawn opens her eyes and gasped before looking around. She finds herself at a theatre and sees the Head Witch of the Illusion Coven here.