Part 2: Awakening

Where am I?

It feels like I'm floating.

Isn't this a dream?

Dawn felt no pain as she calmly wonders through the darkness. She knew she was dreaming, but it felt like she had been walking for a long time now. Then again, dreams do tend to make time feel weird so she didn't mind.

Dawn continues to walk forward but so far nothing happens. She tries to wake herself up but it felt like her body was rejecting her will. Funny. That usually works, thought Dawn. She stops walking for a minute and contemplates. There was no urgency since she knew she was just sleeping so she didn't think too seriously.

"Was I knocked out from that car?" Dawn asks herself. "Nah. We both got out of the way before it could hit us. Oh! Hold the phone!"

Dawn realizes she had forgotten about the little girl. "I hope that kid didn't get hurt. I better wake up soon. Maybe I'm at the hospital. Weird that I'm having this vivid conversation with myself right now."

Dawn looks around, now wondering if she really was dreaming. "Hm. Maybe I should try again."

Dawn forces her mind to wake herself up again and soon saw a glimmering light. She felt herself floating again and knew she was finally waking up. The next second later, Dawn slowly opens her eyes and finds herself in an unfamiliar room.

Her vision clears up as she groans and sits herself up. Dawn let out a yawn before examining the room. It was small and simple with a bookshelf and window close by. A nightstand next to her carries new clothes for her and it was then she realizes she wasn't wearing her princess costume. She wore a long-sleeve, pale pink nightgown that was soft, light, and comfortable. A pair of matching slippers sit next to her bed while Dawn gets off and puts them on. She heads for her door and peeks her head out.

"Hello? Yellooo?" Dawn calls out and sees no one around. "Anybody near?"

Dawn leaves her room and tries to look for somebody. A set of stairs was near and leads downwards, where voices are heard. Dawn was slightly shy but needed to know what was going on. So she gathers her courage and walks down the stairs. As soon as Dawn reaches the last step she felt like eyes are watching her from every corner. It sends a chill up her back but she continues forward.

"Where do you think you're going, human?"

Dawn squeaks and looks back quickly. Nobody's there yet that chilling voice sounded near and everywhere. Dawn backs away to a wall, thinking it was her mind playing tricks when she felt a hand stroke her cheek. The mysterious hand coming out from the wall made Dawn scream as she runs away.

Dawn dashes through the halls when she accidentally bumps into Kikimora. For such a small figure she had a loud voice. "Watch where you're going! Oh! The human! You're finally awake! What are you doing out of your room?!"

At that moment, Dawn's mind was still trying to process everything, and Kikimora's appearance didn't help. Does she have hands for hair? It creeped Dawn out honestly but she tries to talk. "I-I was . . . looking . . . for someone . . . ?"

"Of course. The witch healing you had to step out for the moment," said Kikimora as she picks herself up and dusted herself. She creates a glowing circle with her finger and used her magic to help Dawn up on her feet. Kikimora raises a brow when she noticed she could use her magic on Dawn now.

"Ahem. You've been asleep for 9 days straight, human," said Kikimora. "Emperor Belos wishes to speak with you."

"I've been asleep for 9 days?!" Dawn exclaimed shocked. A little crash wouldn't make her unconscious for that long, would it? Also, she didn't who Emperor Belos was. "Who dat?"