Part 32: Empress and the Blights

A week passes and Dawn finally awakens. Yulong was sleeping beside Dawn, taking a nap, when it sensed his owner had woken. He lifts his torque head and purrs at Dawn, snuggling under her arm. She smiles and rubs his head. "Morning, Yulong. I hope you weren't too lonely."

Dawn lifts herself up and yawns before turning to the calendar. Silbi would mark the days that's passed, letting Dawn how long she has slept.

"A week," said Dawn and sighed heavily. "Okay. Time for business."

Dawn gets out of bed and gets dressed before pulling out her journal. She was going through her notes and plans when she heard a small knock coming from somewhere. Yulong leaps down from the bed, walks past Muk-Muk, and goes to the wall, where he presses on a loose brick. A tiny abomination comes out and holds a small note for Dawn.

Dawn blinks confused but noticed the tiny abomination looked like Darius. She takes the little card and reads it. It mentions a mind spell with time and date when Silbi drops in, literally from her portal. Dawn crumples up the note, shoves it in her pocket, and scoots in front of the tiny abomination. "H-Hi, Silbi!"

"Mama!" Silbi cheers and runs up to hug Dawn.

"How have you been? Is everyone being nice to you?" asked Dawn.

"Yeah!" chirped Silbi while Yulong tackles her for a hug.

Silbi giggles while Dawn glances back and sees the abomination had left. The brick was in place and Dawn feels through her pocket where the crumpled note was in. Silbi scratches Yulong's chin before turning to Dawn. "Mama, mama! Field trip! Field trip!"

"What? Field trip?" asked Dawn.

"Papa said we get to go with Hunter on a field trip!" chirped Silbi. "Field trip!"

Dawn was a little surprised. "It might not be for fun, Silbi. I'll go see Belos and asks him about it."

"Papa's busy, but Hunter has been waiting for you to wake up," said Silbi. "I go tell him!"

"Silbi, wait!" said Dawn but Silbi leaped into another portal. She sighs knowing Silbi didn't hear. "What trip?!"

~~~

"A business trip!" said Hunter as the Golden Guard.

He explains while he flies the airship, along with some scouts to escort him and Dawn and Silbi. Dawn had Silbi on her lap while Yulong was snug in her shoulder purse.

"To where exactly and why am I here?" asked Dawn.

Hunter explains, "Emperor Belos wants you to get ready for your future duties as empress, so you'll be coming with me to conduct business with the Blights. We want to make sure they're not making any more abomatons outside our order. Also to check out the newer versions of said abomatons."

"The Blights?" said Dawn and remembered Luz's girlfriend. "Okay, but why is Silbi here?"

Hunter groans annoyed and roll his eyes. "Because she wouldn't stop her tantrum unless we took her with us. She's lucky Belos didn't mind."

"Goo!" cooed Silbi as she sits comfortably.

Dawn looks out of the airship and sees they were heading for Blight Industries. They landed near the entrance, where Odalia Blight was waiting to greet her guests. The airship lands in front of the factory and the passengers disembark.

The Golden Guard helps Dawn out like a gentleman as he held her hand. Silbi jumps out and scurries ahead before stopping when she saw Odalia.

"Welcome, welcome!" said Odalia with a beaming smile before turning to Dawn. "Oh? You must be the future empress we've heard so much about. Allow me to introduce myself, Your Highness. My name is Odalia Blight."