Part 15: The Training Begins

A few days passed and Dawn couldn't help but feel giddy. She was acting like a lovesick puppy and was smiling more often and even hums sweet love songs whenever she was crafting. Silbi watches her new guardian act like a hopeless romantic not understanding her one bit.

Silbi was playing with a blue crocodile doll while saying cute little bwah's.

"Bwaahh! Bwaaahh!" She pretends her crocodile is swimming and even cast a levitation spell. The crocodile flies around the room before it accidentally hits the photo album that was sitting on their dresser. Dawn breaks out of her thoughts and turns after hearing the album fall.

"Oh, Silbi," said Dawn as she puts down her crafts and goes to pick up the album. "You've got to be more careful, sweetie."

"Sowwy, mama," said Silbi and picks up her toy.

Dawn then picks up the photos that fell out when she stops. The pictures that were flipped had words written on their backside. Dawn picks up a picture of Silbi taking her first steps and reads the back of it: "Silbi's first steps were chaotic. She would cast portal spells everywhere and would walk into them to random places. Most of them were in our home, thank Titan, but there was that time she landed in Bat Queen's nest. Thankfully, Bat Queen did not harm Silbi and told me she saw greatness in her."

"What? Is this . . . ?" Dawn picks up another picture of Silbi casting her first light spell.

It reads: "I'm so proud of my witchling. Her first light spell. I knew she learned it well, but her last comment puzzled me. She said somebody aside from me told her the spell. I asked who and she replies, 'Big teacher, granny. He knows all spells and showed me where to find them.' What did my witchling mean by that?"

"'Spells everywhere'? Did that witch wanted me to hide this from Belos?" asked Dawn to herself and checks on all the photos. All of them have been written on with pencil; it was probably why Belos never noticed them. If written with ink then it would go through the pictures and be easily spotted. Or if written with magic ink, if that existed, then maybe a powerful witch like Belos would still notice.

These cryptic messages brought Dawn back to reality and quickly puts the pictures back in the album. If Belos saw these then he'll try to do something to Silbi for sure, thought Dawn, but he wouldn't dare harm Silbi, would he?

Dawn stares down at the album worriedly when she jumps after hearing somebody knocking at their door. She places the album inside the dresser before going to the door. Dawn opens and finds Kikimora standing there.

She said, "Good morning, Lady Dawn. It is almost time. Emperor Belos has arranged for the coven leaders to come and observe Silbi's magic. Please, have her ready and I'll escort you both to the training arena."

"Yes, ma'am," replied Dawn and goes to pick up Silbi.

"Goo?" Silbi coos innocently.

~~~

The 9 coven leaders took their seats and wait with their emperor in the arena, along with the Golden Guard and Kikimora. Emperor Belos had told the leaders of a witchling who shows great talent and potential for any of the main covens. Of course, he would like it more if she chose the Emperor's Coven, but other than that it didn't matter too much for him, especially when Silbi is so young and doesn't understand the coven system yet.

Dawn enters holding Silbi and felt nervous meeting with the other coven leaders. They all looked so different just like how she imagined yet they seem friendly-looking compared to Belos with his mask.

"A human?" they asked and chattered while Emperor Belos explains. "Yes. Her name is Dawn and she is this child's guardian. Silbi is powerful enough to cast a portal between our realm and the human realm, thus, bringing Dawn here."