Part 9: The Witchling Moves In

(Alrighty, folks. Buckle up because now I'm realizing this is gonna be a longer fanfic than I thought. Curse my detailed brain, yet it is following grammar/writer rules! Despite some flaws, but oh well.)

After the sleepover, Emperor Belos had ordered his servants to prepare a room for Silbi, but Dawn insists that the witchling stays with her. So he gave them a bigger room to share and even bought new things for Silbi to use. Silbi was slightly confused about this move and assumed this was only temporary. She just assumed this sleepover lasted longer, or, at the very least, she can come and go as she pleases freely in the emperor's castle.

Silbi bounces on her new, soft bed with her bum while hugging her new stuffed animals. Dawn puts away Silbi's clothes and organizes them when she spotted one box left. She goes to the box and opens it to find colorful fabric and sewing materials inside. Surely this isn't meant for Silbi, is it? The bedroom door then opens and Dawn turns around, expecting Lilith or Kikimora, but instead, it was Emperor Belos himself.

"Emperor Belos!" gasped Dawn while Silbi jumps down from her bed. "Papa!

Silbi, the tiny witchling, scurries over and hugs the emperor's leg. Emperor Belos picks up Silbi and lightly boop her nose and chuckles. "We will have none of that, thank you. No more calling me 'papa.' Understand, little one?"

"Goo? Hm . . ." Silbi tilts her head and contemplates before asking. "Dada?"

Dawn couldn't help but snicker while Emperor Belos glares at her. He then said, "I assume you're all comfortable in this room now. Have you found everything suitable?"

"Yes, sir," replied Dawn. "I just have this box left. Is this one for me, the crafting supplies?"

"They are," answered Emperor Belos. "If you need more materials, just inform me and I shall get them for you."

Dawn nodded and added, "Thank you, sir, but you didn't have to."

Emperor Belos raises a brow at Dawn and spoke cooly. "Oh? Well, I don't want you ruining your clothes as you did with your dress."

Dawn blushes embarrassed while Silbi coos unsure of what they're talking about. Dawn clears her throat and replies, "I . . . The dress was old anyways. I just got it from a thrift store and fixed it up. It's alright."

Emperor Belos stares at Dawn for a minute while Silbi coos in his arms. He then examines the room and sees everything was in order before turning to face Dawn again. She was lost in thought after talking about her dress; it reminded her of her friends and home. She was worried about them as she crosses her arms while Emperor Belos watches her every movement.

Her head low, fingers clenching, eyes to the floor, and quiet while her braided black hair frames her sorrowful face. A moment of silence passes for about five seconds before Dawn looks back at the emperor. She raises a brow. "What?"

"Nothing," said Emperor Belos before placing Silbi on her bed. Silbi whines softly and reaches her arms up to the emperor. "Uppy . . ."

Emperor Belos stares down at little Silbi and pats her head. "I have to go, little one. There is work to be done."

"Boo," Silbi frowns and puffs her cheek.

"Good day, Dawn." Emperor Belos walks out of the room while Dawn bows her head to him and watches him leave. "See you later, sir."

Emperor Belos exits Dawn's room and as soon as he steps out he disappears through the floors. Dawn goes to close the door and sighs heavily. Silbi coos and blinks at Dawn confused. Silbi didn't see that warm feeling between the two adults and thought something was wrong. Or was Dawn homesick?