Part 52:The Day of Unity pt. 3

"Dawn!! You're pregnant?!" exclaimed Luz.

Belos gasps in shock and accidentally releases Luz and Yulong. They both rush to Silbi's side and try to free her from the big red hand binding her.

The red hands on the ceiling release Dawn, too, but Belos catches her with his monster arm. He brings her face-to-face in his clutches, eyes glowing menacingly while holding the picture in his other hand.

For once, Belos was speechless. He stares at Dawn for a moment, eyes finally sparked with life. Belos kept his eyes on hers before looking down at her stomach.

". . . Why did you keep this from me?" Belos asks in a quiet, trembling voice, and slowly brings his eyes up to Dawn's.

Dawn was unable to answer nor look away from his eyes. She couldn't find the right words despite imagining this scenario over and over in her head. Belos then made a realization and slowly frowned angrily.

His eyes shift into a cold glare at Dawn and demand in a very low voice. "Hettie Cutburn. She gives me a report every week on your health conditions. Why was this never mentioned?"

Dawn stammers, "I-I-I told her not to . . . I wanted to make it special, at first, but-but--!"

"But what, my dear? How long has this been going on? Explain yourself."

Dawn swallows hard and stares back at him fearfully. "I-I found out about a week after Raine's ceremony . . . I-I thought you would c-change if . . ."

Belos stares at Dawn, still glaring, before glancing down at her stomach. He clutches tightly to the picture, crumbling its corner with a trembling hand. Luz listens in shock before calculating the timing in her head.

"That would make you a month and a half now. Dawn, why didn't you tell me?!"

Dawn exclaims, "Luz, you literally hate this man's guts! What did you want me to say?!"

"Enough!" yelled Belos before using his magic to wrap Dawn in a set of red vines.

"Oh, come on!" growled Dawn annoyed.

Belos placed the picture in his coat pocket before Luz attacked him again. It wasn't long before he had her in his grip again.

Yulong manages to break a finger from the red hand cage Silbi is in as she tries to squeeze herself out. Silbi casts a spell to break free from her cage and then uses plant magic to attack. Belos blocks her attack and counters, pushing Silbi back with a powerful blast. She slams into a wall, losing consciousness.

"And to think I felt pity for you, little menace," said Belos coldly to the fallen Silbi.

With his free hand, he aims his staff at Silbi, the red gem glowing dangerously at her. Luz and Dawn beg him to stop while Yulong tries to free his owner. Belos glares down at the little witching, almost certain he would end her.

Until he recalls a memory, flooding in his mind . . .

~~~

Philip was running low on his luck as he sat on the side of the street writing in his journal.

"Useless witches. None of them has succeeded in my endeavor to retrieve the Collector," grumbled Philip. "They always fail me . . ."

He sighs exhaustingly and rubs his temples when he feels something tugging at his coat sleeve. Philip looks over at his arm and sees a little witchling. The teeniest, tiniest witchling, who still has a pacifier in her mouth and adorns the flower of the Sliverling clan. She had short, pink hair tied up with a little ribbon and the flower above her head with an aqua tinge at the ends, and big, purple eyes.