Part 21: Raine Whispers and Doubt Sprouts

(I!! AM!!! BACK, BABY!!! Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the episode! Watch it now! I've been dying to write more Belos fanfic!!! And it looks like we're gonna see and/or learn more about Belos for the rest of this season. Can't wait!!! Working on the next chapter because it was getting too long for today's chapter. ENJOY!!!)

Some weeks ago . . .

"Thank you, Mx. Whispers, for letting me borrow this book on bard magic," said Dawn to the head of the Bard Coven, Raine Whispers.

They reply, "Anytime, Dawn. I'm happy to help."

Dawn asks, "How is Silbi during your private sessions? I hope she hasn't caused any trouble."

"None at all! She's very well-behaved and surprisingly smart for a 5-year-old," said Raine. "She seems to give trouble to Darius though."

"Oh, gosh. I heard," said Dawn embarrassed and recalling the "incident" with the head of the Abomination Coven.

Raine chuckles and comments, "She's quite rebellious, but only when necessary, I think. I'm still surprised Emper Belos has allowed you two to stay here at the castle."

"Is it really that surprising?" asked Dawn.

"Only a little, but I think it's a good thing," said Raine. "By the way, Dawn, have you met any of the other coven leaders?"

"Only that day when you all came to see Silbi," answered Dawn, "But not one-on-one."

"Ah. Got it," said Raine and then asked, "Have you ever stepped foot outside the castle, Dawn?"

Dawn stops her tracks with Raine while hesitant with her answer. She replies, "No, but I would like to. It's just I have this curse on me that might make things difficult. I would need supervision if I go outside. It's not drastic but I don't think I should be alone."

Raine stares at Dawn while being reminded of someone else. They then thought of something and a curious look fills their face. Raine asks, "Why don't you come to my ceremony, Dawn? I'm sure Emperor Belos would let you go."

"Ceremony?" asks Dawn.

"I'll be officially declared as the Head Witch for the Bard Coven," explained Raine. "Scooter Crane is retiring and I've been chosen as his replacement. I would be honored if you and Silbi could come. I want to talk with you more about other things if possible. Will you come?"

"I . . . I'm not sure. I would love to! But do you think Belos will let me?" asked Dawn.

"I'm sure he would be okay with it," said Raine. "And it would be educational for you and Silbi. What do you say?"

Dawn thought about it for a minute before nodding with a smile.

"Great!" said Raine as he smiles back and leaves the castle. "Don't forget to bring Silbi! I'm sure she would love it!"

Dawn waves back at Raine Whispers and watches them leave before heading back to her room.

After Raine's announcement as Head Witch . . .

Raine pants heavily after running off stage and escaping from the camera. They lean down and grasp their knees to catch their breath when Raine saw a pair of tiny feet. They look up and see Silbi holding Dawn's hand while Silbi sucks her thumb in her other hand. Steve was their escort for the day.

Dawn giggles and comments, "That was smooth. Are you okay?"

Raine groans and tries to compose himself before exclaiming. "Oh, I can't believe I said that! That was so embarrassing!"