Part 19: Lost in the Music

Dawn was going through Silbi's memory album and reads the hidden messages one by one. She was intrigued, worried, fascinated, confused, and fearful. Dawn knew she had to keep all of this away from Belos, knowing he would misuse Silbi's power.

Next to Dawn, Silbi plays with her toys on her bed when she hears a bird chirping by her window. The witchling looks out the window and saw a red bird with a scar over its left eye. It chirps and tilts its head at Silbi and she did the same.

"Goo? Birdie," said Silbi as she puts her toys down.

Silbi crawls to her window, her eyes on the bird, and accidentally pressed Dawn's phone on the bed. It unlocks and opens to where Dawn left off in MewTube. It starts playing a song and without earbuds, the music was played for all to hear. Dawn lifts her head up and sees Silbi near her phone and window.

"Oh, Silbi," said Dawn as she gets up and get her phone, and closed the window. "Come on. Let's get you ready for bed."

Silbi coos and looks through the glass but no longer saw that mysterious red bird. The witchling was confused, but the song playing quickly catch her interest. Dawn exits out of MewTube, but Silbi goes to her asks, "What's that, mama?"

"Hm? What? My phone?" asked Dawn while Silbi shook her head.

"The song," said Silbi. "It sounded pretty."

"Oh, that song," said Dawn and asked. "Do you want to hear it?"

Silbi nodded and sat on her bed with a cute smile. Dawn giggles and opens up MewTube to play the song again.

A minute later, Emperor Belos, without his mask, and Hunter were heading for Dawn and Silbi's room. When they arrived they hear music and singing and so, slowly, they approached the door. Belos shushes Hunter, who nodded before they quietly open the door.

Dawn was singing along to the music and playfully dancing with Silbi in their pajamas. It was a festive love song that would make anyone dance and the girls couldn't help themselves. At first, Silbi was watching Dawn sing and dance but when the tempo increased Dawn picked up Silbi and started dancing with her.

Belos had never seen Dawn like this before while Hunter looked just as confused as his uncle. Dawn twirls and skips and claps with Silbi, and boop her little nose. Silbi squeals and uses her magic to make objects float and dance. Neither of the boys dared to interfere, especially Belos since he thought it was amusing.

Not noticing the audience, Dawn continues to dance like a lovesick maiden and puts Silbi down for the finale. She does a small, light pirouette, stops and sways, spins, lost in the song, until the end, she lands on one knee and spreads her arms wide. She sang all the way to the end, with the final lyrics: ". . . I'd gladly ride the waves so white, if you will marry me!" 

Dawn had meant to face Silbi, but she doesn't realize she was kneeling in front of Belos. He lightly chuckles and replies, "I do."

Dawn opens her eyes and gasps and blushes very darkly while Silbi giggles.

"When did you get here?!" exclaimed Dawn embarrassingly. "How long have you been standing there?!"

"The whole time," answered Hunter with a smug grin.

Belos added teasingly, "I didn't know you could sing, Dawn, or dance."

"I don't!!" exclaimed Dawn as grabs a shawl and wraps it around her shoulders. "What are you two doing here?"

"To catch a performance," teased Hunter while Dawn grabs a nearby object and throws it at him.

Hunter ducks down quickly and dodges.