Part 7: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 1

Meanwhile, Silbi was at the market with her small bag of snails. The rest from Bat Queen are at home in a secret place, but for now, Silbi had to go grocery shopping. She was running out of food, mostly the ingredients for making a sandwich or cereal. She's much too little to use the stove or hearth by herself.

Silbi forms a circle and creates an adult-size abomination. Silbi opens her arms while her abomination picks her up and acts like her parent. They stroll through the market like this while merchants stare at them oddly. Silbi makes her abomination pay for her food while the merchant accepts it. He hands over the food and change while the abomination takes them and waves bye. The merchant looked slightly uncomfortable and waves awkwardly while Silbi leaves with her groceries.

"Where are her parents?"

"Is she seriously by herself?"

"An abomination escort? Such lazy parenting."

"Poor thing . . ."

Silbi covers her ears and tries to ignore them as she snuggles close in her abomination's arms. She didn't like going to the market like this, but she had no choice since she had nothing else. She could steal, but her granny taught her to be a good witch. Silbi was about to leave the market when she glances back and spotted the merchant talking to a coven guard. He points at Silbi while the guard nods and kept his eyes on her.

Silbi whimpered and quickly made her abomination run faster and through a crowded area. The guard calls out to her and chases after Silbi, but quickly she uses a teleportation spell and disappears from the crowd.

She reappears back at her cottage and quickly enters inside. The abomination places Silbi down and goes to put away the groceries. Silbi breathed in relief and was finally back safely.

"Goo . . ." Sibli slides down and sits on the floor depressed.

She stares at her little feet and moves them left and right for no reason. Living alone was definitely lonely, especially when doing adult things like shopping on you're own. It was also quite boring with no one to talk or play with. Even this small cottage felt too big for little Silbi.

Once the abomination finished its chore Silbi made it disappear. There was no one she knew who could help her, except for Dawn. Every day, Silbi checks on her granny's oracle ball to see if Dawn was awake, but so far she had been asleep. Silbi wanted to check again, but she didn't want to get her hopes up.

"No!" She says to herself and smacks her face with her tiny hands.

Determination fills her as she climbs up her granny's chair and reaches for the oracle ball. Checking every day is better than not and missing your chance. Silbi waves her tiny hand over the glass ball while an image appears. She finally smiles as she spotted Dawn up and wide awake. Now she can finally visit her and receive her hat!

"Yay!!!!" cheered Silbi happily.

She jumps down from the chair and scurries to get her things. First, her drawstring bag to pack some things. Silbi brings her favorite picture books, her magic blocks, some snacks, papers and crayons. The sounds of thunder can be heard outside, making Silbi jump slightly. She goes to the window, stands on her tippy toes, and peeks her head out.

The sky was getting dark, clouds blocking this realm's sun, and a few drops start stinging citizens. Silbi whimpers nervously. Usually, her granny would warm up the hearth, make hot drinks and cookies, and cuddle with Silbi by the fire to stay warm. They would sit on the witch's chair and read books or tell stories to pass the time. But granny isn't here; she's been arrested.

Silbi didn't want to stay here without her granny, so she decides to go with her plan and visit Dawn. Maybe she'll let her sleepover. Won't that be fun!

Silbi gathers everything in her bag and takes her handmade cloak for protection. A cute little purple cloak for a cute little witch. Even though she wasn't going to be outside Silbi always felt safe under granny's cloak. Silbi makes a circle with her tiny finger and creates a portal to Dawn's room inside. She easily jumps in and lands on Dawn's bed, but, for some reason, Dawn wasn't here. Did she step out?

"Dawn?" called Silbi softly as she looks around.

Silbi removes her cloak and drawstring bag before climbing down Dawn's bed. She scurries in search for her while the rain starts hitting harder. Silbi coos worriedly and decides to wait a bit as she climbs on Dawn's bed and hides under the covers. She waited and waited and waited, while the rain remains stable. Silbi peeks her head out before going out and checking the door.

Silbi didn't want to be alone, so she leaves the room and searches for Dawn. Technically, she isn't alone if there are coven guards all over the castle. Silbi bravely walks down the creepy stairs, hides in the shadows to avoid the guards, but no matter where she went she could not find Dawn. The castle looked darker while the boiling rain outside continues to attack and the sound of thunder booming everywhere.

Silbi whimpers and tries to hold it in, but her voice wouldn't come out to call for Dawn. After all, she's in enemy territory. She walks down a long hall with tall windows and stops when a clash of thunder hits. The little witch crouches and shields her head while her tiny body trembles.

"Granny . . . Granny . . ." Silbi's quiet blubbering could not be heard over the sound of this harsh weather. The witchling knew her granny would not come making her fall on her little knees. Soon Silbi was whimpering, but after another violent clash of thunder, she could not hold it in anymore.

"MAMA!!!"

Silbi cries loudly in the dark halls for a person she had never met. Granny was not here, so instincts tell Silbi to cry for mama. A mother to comfort her child while a father protects them.

"PAPA!!!"

The little witchling sobbed and sobbed and throws a fearful tantrum on the floor, demanding a father and a mother. She buries her face on the floor unable to hear the footsteps coming from behind.

"My, my. This little witchling is quite noisy."

Silbi flinches her head up and looks back to see Emperor Belos. After creating a big orb of light he goes over to Silbi and kneels down beside her.

"What are you doing here, little one?" asked Emperor Belos.

Silbi's little mind could not process fast enough as she sniffles and calls out. ". . . Papa!!!"

Emperor Belos was caught off guard as he stares at the little witchling surprised. Him? Papa? Outrageous!

Silbi sniffled and sob as she reaches out and clutches tightly on to his cape. Her tiny fist holding tightly for dear life and her tiny face drench in tears. Emperor Belos sighs heavily before he gently scoops Silbi in his arms. Silbi calms down and clutches tightly to Belos's robe before burying her face in his chest. This was incredibly strange for him, yet the way he carries this child was like that of an expert. As if he had raised a child before.

"There, there, little one," said Emperor Belos reassuringly as he pats her back. "You're safe now."

"Goo . . ." Silbi's breathing slowly becomes normal and her heavy sobbing finally stops. This man is indeed a scary man, but there was something soothing about his calm voice.

Emperor Belos knew Silbi wouldn't let go of him anytime soon so he takes her with him to the throne room. When he arrived there he let Silbi sit on his lap as he goes through some blueprints for a future project. Silbi stares at the blueprints and she sees a giant ring with a door at the center. At that moment, Kikimora enters the room but gasps in shock when she saw Silbi here.

"Oh, sire! That child! She's---!"

"Calm yourself, Kikimora. She isn't a threat," said Emperor Belos. "She's perfectly tamed."

"Goo?" Silbi looks up at the emperor confused by that statement.

Kikimora blinks in confusion herself before asking, "But why is she here, my lord? How is she here?"

"I'll explain later. For now, go find Dawn," ordered Emperor Belos. "Tell her she has a guest, and hurry it up."

"Y-Yes, my lord . . ." Kikimora, who was still completely shocked, quickly leaves to find Dawn.