Part 54: The Human Realm

Dawn continues to dream as she practices her lucid dreaming skills, hoping to try astral traveling.

"I've heard about that in the human realm, so if I can master lucid dreaming, I might be a step closer to mastering astral traveling. Then I can use magic even when I'm asleep. Though, it might take a while since it's a rare skill . . ."

She sighs to herself while rubbing her stomach. "How you're doing, little guy? You still good?"

Her stomach was firm but not yet rounded enough to show. Dawn wonders how long she will be asleep when a bright light catches her attention.

"Already? I guess I wasn't asleep for that long."

Dawn was engulfed by the light, soon returning to reality.

~~~

She opens her eyes and finds herself in a bedroom. Dawn's eyes adjusted slightly until she noticed a window and saw the bright blue sky.

"Wait. Blue? It couldn't be . . . !" Dawn sits herself up but wince from her sore body.

Dawn examines her surroundings and then looks back to the window for another minute. "Am I back in the human realm? But how?"

She gets out of bed and quietly peeks her head out of the door. The hall was decorated with family pictures of Luz and her parents, which both surprised and confused Dawn. Voices then catch her attention, making Dawn follow after them.

"Luz?" Dawn calls and enters the living room.

Luz and the crew turned their attention to Dawn as they all gasped.

"Oh, my Titan!! Dawn!!" exclaimed Luz, who quickly got up to hug Dawn, followed by the others.

"You're awake!! We were so worried for you!" said Amity.

Gus adds, "Luz told us you're pregnant! Are you okay?! Do you feel anything?!"

Willow tries to calm her friends. "Guys, give her some space! She probably has questions."

"Yeah, like are we in the human realm?" asked Dawn while Luz nodded and replied, "Yep! You're in my house! Welcome to the Noceda Household!"

"But how?! What happened?!" asked Dawn, who was terribly confused and felt she missed out on something.

"Easy. First, let's get you to sit down," said Willow.

Dawn sits on the couch while Luz makes some tea for her. Amity and the others explained what happened after the Collector saved them. He did stop the Draining Spell with ease, but King had to trick him into thinking they were gonna play a game.

Willow continues, "Since the Titan's head was falling apart, we had no choice but to go through the portal door Belos made. That was almost two weeks ago now. There was nothing else we could do, and we have no idea how to get back."

Dawn noticed their sad expressions. She was glad to be home, but, of course, these kids were not. She was also concerned for Silbi and everyone else in the demon realm. Relieved that they were saved from the Draining Spell, but worried about the Collector. He didn't seem . . . stable? If that was the right word.

Dawn then noticed Hunter wasn't around and was about to ask when the door opened. Mrs. Noceda enters with some groceries, along with Hunter and another girl. Hunter looks up and his eyes widen seeing Dawn before dropping the groceries and rushing to her.

"Dawn!!" He exclaims as he hugs her tightly.

"Oh! Hunter!" Dawn gasps but hugs him back. "Oh, thank goodness, you're safe! Are you okay?"