Part 8: Under the Boiling Rainstorm pt. 2

Emperor Belos sits upon his throne, waiting impatiently for Dawn, while a little witchling sits upon his lap comfortably. Silbi felt like herself again but refuses to let go of the emperor. Then someone enters the throne room, but it was the Golden Guard. He came to make a report when he stops and sees Silbi.

"Um . . . Emperor Belos?" said the Golden Guard totally confused. "There is a kid  . . . on your lap."

Emperor Belos glares at the Golden Guard and replies sarcastically. "Quite observant, aren't we? It's a long story, Hunter."

The Golden Guard just stares at this tiny, mysterious girl he had never met. Who was she? Where did she come from? And why is his uncle just letting her sit on his lap?! Silbi had one hand clutching to the emperor's cloak while on the other she sucks her thumb innocently. The Golden Guard could not help but glare at her through his mask.

Soon the doors opened and Dawn hurries into the room with books in her arms. Dawn was with Lilith, whom she asked her if she could borrow some history books. Lilith saw no purpose in this, but she allows Dawn some books since it was good to be educated.

"Silbi!" exclaimed Dawn, who smiles warmly and rushes to Silbi.

Silbi finally smiles and reaches for Dawn. "Mama!"

"Ehhh?!" Dawn stops her tracks and drops her books.

Lilith stammers. "M-Mama?!"

"Papa!" Silbi chirps and points at the emperor. "Oh, dear."

"Papa?!" gasped Kikimora.

The Golden Guard turns to the emperor for an explanation. "Uncle!!"

Dawn looks up at Emperor Belos dumbfounded before quickly looking away. Dawn blushes darkly while Emperor Belos orders. "Enough. Everyone, settle down, for Titan's sake."

Everyone went silent while Silbi coos confused and without realizing what she's done. Emperor Belos rubs his head before explaining. "This child is not mine, nor is she Dawn's. The witchling just came here to visit. That's all. She's not a threat either, so treat her with respect."

Everyone in the room was silent for a moment while the emperor carries Silbi and walks over to Dawn. He explained further, "She's here for you, Dawn. I found her wandering around the castle, most likely looking for you."

"Oh. Okay. Right." Dawn had to process for a moment while Silbi reaches her arm out and demands to be carried. Dawn blinks at her before taking Silbi from the emperor's arms. She now carries Silbi, however, Silbi would still not let go of the emperor's cloak.

The witchling holds on to him tightly and doesn't expect anyone to tell her otherwise. With the child between the two, she binds them closer together. Dawn glances up to Emperor Belos and blushes a bit while he sighs. "Little one, do let go. Your friend is here, so you don't need me anymore."

Silbi grips tighter.

Dawn couldn't help but giggle making the emperor look back at her. He shoots her a glare through his mask and threatens. "One word from you and it's straight to the dungeon."

"But . . . She likes you," said Dawn and smiles while Silbi coos at them.

The emperor continues to glare at Dawn; however, the Golden Guard comes between them and removes Silbi's hand from the emperor's cloak with a light karate chop. He threatens to the witchling: "If you disrespect the emperor again with your slobbering hands, I will tie you up and have you hanging over demon beetle dung!"

"Goo?" Silbi looks at the witch teen innocently as he points a warning finger at her. She grabs his gloved finger and shakes it as if in greeting. "Friend!"