Part 26: Darius and Terra

Dawn spends a week in her cursed sleep before waking up again. She, at least, felt refreshed and ready to go back to work. Dawn recalls her last adventure with Luz and sighs disappointedly at Philip Wittebane.

"What a jerk," commented Dawn.

Silbi bursts the door open and runs to her mother and hides under her blankets. "No mo' lessons! No mo' lessons! Silbi don't wanna study!"

"Get back here!!" shouted Hunter as he chases after Silbi before stopping. "Oh. Lady Dawn, you're awake."

"Good morning to you, too, Hunter. Mind telling me what's going on?" asked Dawn while Silbi's tiny legs dangle from her bed.

Hunter explains grumpily, "Silbi is supposed to meet with Terra and Darius for lessons, but she refuses to go see either of them!"

Silbi peeks her face from the blankets and blows a raspberry at Hunter before hiding again. Hunter growls furious and annoyed, ready to punch the wall. Dawn pats Silbi's head and said, "Alright, enough of that, Silbi. You can't hide forever. The coven heads are the best of the best. Don't you want to learn from them?"

"No!" Silbi pulls in her little legs and hides them fully under the blanket.

Hunter groans frustratingly and gestures at Dawn. She sighs, "How about I go with you, Silbi? I'm sure Terra or Darius wouldn't mind."

"No!" exclaimed Silbi. "Stay away from plant lady!"

"But what about your studies?"

"No studies!"

"Then I'm going."

"Noo!! Goo!!"

Silbi whines and throws a fit and despite her resistance Dawn convinces Silbi to go to her classes.

Dawn carries a reluctant witchling in her arms while Hunter escorts them to the castle's greenhouse, where Terra Snapdragon is waiting. Dawn asks Hunter about Belos since she didn't see him at breakfast while Hunter replies that he was extremely busy and preparing for the Day of Unity. They soon arrive at the greenhouse and meet with the Head of the Plant Coven.

Terra uses her plant magic to make poisonous flowers bloom and crushes them to make a potion and reverse the poison's effect. "Perfect! As always. Hm? Why, who do we have here? If it isn't our little rosebud! Welcome! And you've brought your blossoming prodigy."

"Meh!" Silbi frowns at Terra and crosses her little arms.

Dawn replies, "Good morning, Ms. Snapdragon. I--"

"Oh, please, rosebud! Call me Terra," interrupted Terra. "If you do, then you won't hear me calling you Lady Dawn. I already see you as if you were my own granddaughter."

"You do . . ?" asked Dawn and raises a brow.

"Of course!" said Terra with a smile and goes to Dawn to place her hand on Dawn's shoulder. "You're our special little human, after all! Our innocent rosebud growing in our vast garden. You've especially caught my interest when I heard you punched Kiki. Oh, I wish I could've been there to witness that! And, dear, the emperor always has his eyes on you. I didn't think he'd ever settle with anyone, and had no interest before meeting you, rosebud."

Dawn blushes lightly while Silbi narrows her eyes at Terra suspiciously. Terra smirks before adding, "He has big plans for you, my dear, so you and Silbi have a bright future ahead. Speaking of which, I see you had to drag our little seedling here. She doesn't seem fond of me yet."

"Boooo!" exclaimed Silbi grumpily.

"Silbi!" scolded Dawn and replied to Terra. "I'm sorry, Terra, but is it okay if I stay for this lesson? Silbi seems pretty determined to miss your lesson."