Part 27: The Head of the Abomination Coven

(Also, I placed a picture in Part 1: Dawn for my oc, Dawn. Pic not mine, just a close visual of her. Now on to the show!)

Darius takes Dawn and Silbi out to town and to a few places Silbi would enjoy. Dawn felt a little awkward around Darius since she's never really talked with him before. He had a completely different air compared to Raine, who is a lot friendlier to get along with. Speaking of which, Dawn hadn't seen much of Raine since the Coven Day Parade and they never mentioned the B.A.T.T.'s again since. She wanted to ask Darius about Raine but didn't have the courage to say anything.

They had gone shopping earlier and stopped at an ice cream parlor. Darius uses his abomination magic to send the gifts back to Silbi's room and even made a doll for her. It was a purple kitty with dangling limbs, a long tail, and green button eyes. The fabric had designs that made it look like it was an abomination. This surprised Dawn since she never knew Darius could sew like her.

Silbi kept her new doll close while she gets her ice cream cone and licks it happily. Dawn sat awkwardly across from Darius as he watch Silbi enjoying herself. "Why must you be so messy? Your cheeks are covered in sprinkles."

Silbi turns to Darius and takes a bigger bite and made an ice cream mustache. He narrows his bright green eyes at her with disgust, however, Silbi received a brain freeze from it. He couldn't help but snicker teasingly. "That's what you get, little pup."

It was a little odd for Dawn to see him smile like that so casually but quickly looks away when Darius noticed. He sighs and crosses his arms and asks, "Is something wrong, Lady Dawn?"

"N-No! It's nothing, really!" answered Dawn quickly. "I'm really grateful that you would spend the day with us and treat Silbi. I just feel bad for making you do this."

"I wanted to. I did make the offer, after all," said Darius. "Besides, I wanted to talk with you alone."

"Me?" asked Dawn.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you a few questions regarding Silbi here," said Darius. "And the Day of Unity."

Dawn stares at Darius confused but give him a chance to explain since it sounded important. First, he tells Dawn about Raine and their rebellion against the Emperor's Coven. Dawn was surprised that both Darius and Eberwolf were rebels. Silbi finishes her ice cream and goes to play at the Slayground with her new doll.

Dawn asks worriedly, "What about Raine? Are they okay?"

"They're fine. You don't have to worry about them," answered Darius reassuredly. "We're doing everything we can to stop Belos's plans. Raine told us you were against his ways, right?"

Dawn admittingly nodded while Darius continues. "And you do know he wants to use Silbi's powers? If you do, then I'm wondering why you stay with him."

Dawn looks up at Darius before lowering her head guiltily. Darius stares at Dawn for a moment before letting out another sigh. "I'm not judging you, Dawn. All I'm saying is that he is dangerous and we want you and Silbi to leave his side."

"What?" said Dawn. "But we . . . We love him! A-And I want to change his mind!"

"Dawn," Darius counters firmly with a slight bitterness, "There are no changing minds with one so cruel as the emperor. You've seen how he treats Hunter, right? And Silbi, too?"

Dawn bites her bottom lip and clenches her fists before glancing at Silbi. The witchling was building a mini statue of a slitherbeast as she coos happily. Dawn tightens her fists more while Darius talks a little more soothingly.

"Dawn," he began, "The emperor wants more than just to use Silbi. He wants her mother's work."

"Say what now?" asked Dawn lost. "You mean . . . her birth mother? Wait, do you know her?! Silbi's parents! What do you know about Silbi's past?!"