you take the man out of the city (not the city out of the man)

Looking up at the towering U.A. building, [Name] felt a wave of unease wash over them. This place held the power to make or break their dreams of becoming a hero. It felt surreal to stand here, on the brink of taking the first step towards their goal. The childhood dream they had nurtured for so long was now within reach, but with it came overwhelming anxiety. It felt like a heavy weight pressing down on their stomach, making it churn uncomfortably. [Name] wanted to ease the discomfort by clutching their stomach, but they knew it wouldn't help. The last thing they needed was to get sick at such a crucial moment.

"Move it, damn extra!" Suddenly, an aggressive voice interrupted their thoughts coming from behind them. Startled, [Name] instinctively shifted to the side, their roller blades making a screech from the sudden movement, their gaze falling upon a blond-haired teenager with fiery red eyes.

The disdainful growl that met their eyes left them momentarily stunned.

With an air of superiority, the young man sneered at [Name] and muttered a scornful "What a weakling" under his breath. His dismissive "tch" sound nearly tempted [Name] to liken him to a Pomeranian due to his spiky blond hair, but even that comparison felt unfair to the lovable dogs. Perhaps a chihuahua seems to be more like it.

Despite the stranger's hostile glance, [Name] didn't let it dampen their spirits. They remained resolute in their goal to excel in the practical exam and claim the top spot. To boost their confidence, they reached for the necklace chain adorning their neck, which held their staff. Twisting the chain between their fingers, they sought to calm the nerves that had begun to knot in their stomach.

As [Name] walked alone towards the imposing U.A. building, thoughts of yesterday's written exam filled their mind. The school had split the exams into two parts because there were so many students applying. [Name] remembered the exam wasn't too difficult, but they still felt unsure about whether they'd pass or not.

[Name] didn't see themselves as unintelligent. They acknowledged that they might take a bit longer to understand new things, but they believed that with focused studying, they could remember everything. Their main worry was whether they had studied enough. They aimed for a reachable goal of 80%, which seemed more realistic to them than aiming for a perfect score of 90%.

While [Name] hesitated about the written exam, they brimmed with confidence for the physical portion. They preferred action over overthinking any day. They knew they had a tendency to overthink, which often tripped them up mentally. But they had spent the past year sharpening their skills for this moment.

With determination, they secured their pouch which held seven of their Clow Cards, attached securely to their hip. Choosing who to take for the entrance exam took them some time, but they were more than confident in their choices for today.

As [Name] adjusted the pouch at their side, they found themselves humming a mysterious tune. But their thoughts were interrupted when they let out an "oomph!"

Someone had bumped into them abruptly, but they managed to regain their balance and avoid falling. It seemed like a lot of people were colliding with them today. Was it just a coincidence, or perhaps an unfortunate omen for the upcoming exam? [Name] could only hope it wasn't a sign of what was to come.

[Name] let out a small sigh of relief as their wobbling legs finally steadied. They'd been skating since childhood, ever since their parents first left them home alone and they bought their first pair of rollerblades. Skating had become second nature to them, a faster and more efficient way to navigate the city, especially with their short legs as a kid. But now, as they approached the entrance exam, they couldn't shake the feeling that stumbling and falling right before the big test would have been a stroke of bad luck.