i say they're just the ones who gave me life (but I truly am my parents' child)

[Name] dumps the rest of the dirty dishes used to make chocolate chip cookies in the sink happily swaying to We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift playing from their Bluetooth speaker. They couldn't wait to have a full day to improve their mental health after the sports festival.

They might be fighting frantic, but they want a break from it after all those battles they had. Super glad, that Aizawa-sensei gave them and their classmates a few days off after the sports festival.

BUZZ BUZZ

They notice their phone shaking from an incoming call as they turn to the counter. Before picking up the phone, they hastily wash their hands on a cloth with stars embroidered on it.

The phone screen indicates that Todoroki is calling. They only gave Todoroki their twenty-four hours ago and didn't expect him to call them so soon. They thumbed the green icon and swiped it up. They press the phone against their ear and rest their phone with its back pressed against their shoulder.

"Hey, Todoroki!" They chirp, trying to make sure the phone won't fall off their shoulder.

"...[Last Name]," Todoroki greets. Their eyes twitch, how can he be so bland with them? They understand with their classmates but come on. They thought he and they made a connection.

"How are things going?"

"I was hoping you could accompany me somewhere?" He asks with a lot of hesitation. As they observe the oven's timer, the red block numbers showing 10, [Name] hums. The cookies should be removed as soon, as they mused with a smile.

"Where too?"

He said simply, "To see my mother."

In shock, [Name] nearly drops their phone. They truly believed that his mother had passed away. According to what they knew, he never mentioned her to them or anybody else. They aren't the person to keep up with celebrities' families, thinking it is none of their business.

"If you don't want to, that's fine," Todoroki remarked. They suddenly realized what they were doing and felt a little guilty for giving him the impression that they weren't eager to go with him.

They recovered themselves very fast.

"Oh, no! It's alright. You simply surprised me; how about we meet at the station at...?" In an effort to sound like they weren't going to say no to him. He must really want support for whatever reason he wants to go see his mom.

"Are you available in one hour?" Todoroki said. They noticed that Todoroki appeared a little anxious. Something about this visit scares him. They knew now this is very important to him.

"Sure, I will gladly come!" They are glad to know that they can take their baked cookies to his mom. It will help make a good impression.

"..Thanks [Last Name]," he said and hung up the phone without waiting for a reply from them. Their eye twitched. He really must've been excited if he was willing to hang up on them so quickly.

DING DING

The oven's timer rings as a signal that the cookies are done. [Name] grabs the yellow-striped oven mittens from the rack above the oven, and puts them on. They aren't looking for any degree burns today. Especially with going to see their classmate's mom.

They didn't want to think about how Todoroki would react to them burning themselves after promising to go with him. For all, they know he could think they did it on purpose or take it as a sign to not visit his mom. It is also possible he will be racked with guilt for causing their injury.

Open the stove door, they bend down and grab the metal tray. With a huff escaping their mouth, they took the tray out and placed it on the counter to cool off.