sometimes I feel like giving up (but I just can't)

The day after the finals, [Name] discovered the disappointing news that Ashido, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Seto had not passed the practical exams. The somber mood surrounding the four was palpable, making it evident to [Name] why the four felt this way.

"E-Everyone... I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun training camp was..." Ashido's voice quivered, on the verge of tears. [Name] approached her, offering comfort by gently holding her hand and rubbing her back with their thumb. Ashido managed a watery smile as she leaned on them, expressing her gratitude, "T-Thanks, [Last Name]."

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go!" Midoriya attempted to provide some comfort to the group, with Sero standing beside him. "There might be a last-minute twist or something..."

"Stop, Midoriya," Sero interrupted, placing his hand on the green-haired boy's shoulder and giving him a shaky reassuring grin. "By saying that out loud, you're just jinxing them."

"They said whoever failed the exams would have to skip training camp and live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practicals, so we're doomed. Don't you get it, Midoriya?" Kaminari's words struck like daggers, stabbing into Midoriya's heart. "If you guys still don't get it, then you're dumber than monkeys!"

[Name] winced in sympathy for Midoriya, who cried out as Kaminari poked him in the eyes.

"Calm down, Kaminari," Sero sighed, his tone heavy with worry. "I'm not sure I'll get to go, either. Our team only passed thanks to Mineta. I got knocked out right away, and since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might have flunked."

Kaminari's eyes pleaded as he turned to [Name]. "Even if we don't get to go at least bring us back lots of camp souvenirs, please?!"

"Well, I still think you guys are going," [Name] chimed in, offering a hopeful shrug.

"Y-You think so?" Ashido looked at [Name] with a glimmer of hope in her eyes. [Name] nodded confidently.

"It makes sense," they explained, making a sweeping gesture. "Remember, this is a training camp. We are not going just to have fun, which would make sense to hold you guys back, our main purpose here is to develop our quirks. I'm sure Aizawa-sensei wants everyone to go because he doesn't want anyone to fall behind. He probably did it like he did on the first day."

"To push us to reach our full potential, right?" Kaminari chimed in, also sounding hopeful. [Name]'s logical explanation did resonate with them, and it seemed like something their somewhat sadistic teacher would do.

[Name] nodded with a thoughtful expression, glad that their reasoning was resonating with their friends.

"It really does make sense," Kirishima chimed in, his earlier depressive episode now lifting.

"Exactly," [Name] added. "And if I'm right, Aizawa-sensei might even make you guys take extra lessons to catch up."

"I'm all for it, as long as we get to go with you guys!" Ashido raised her arm, and the others nodded in enthusiastic agreement.

The door slammed open, and all conversations came to an abrupt halt as Aizawa-sensei walked into the room, his usual disheveled appearance intimidating even without him trying.

"I would think," he began, his voice carrying that unmistakable undertone of a threat, "you all know that once the bell rings, you should be in your seats."

Recognizing the gravity of the situation, the students scrambled to their seats, their nervous energy palpable. Aizawa-sensei approached the podium, and there was a collective unease in the room as he produced a stack of papers from within his jumpsuit, a peculiar but familiar action for his students.