whatever it takes

"How's it going back there, [Last Name]?" Jirou asked, peering over [Name]'s shoulder at the glowing purple and pink reflection of their screen.

"I'm almost done..." [Name] replied, their fingers dancing across the keyboard at lightning speed. Jirou's head spun as she tried to catch a glimpse of the hologram, but all she saw were dizzying streams of numbers. "I'm about to give them-"

Their eyes widened as a pop-up appeared on their screen. "Shit! They know where we are!"

Jirou shot Mineta an angry glare. "Did you really have to open the door?!"

Mineta threw his hands up in surrender. "I said I was sorry!"

Ignoring the commotion, [Name] continued typing, feeling the pressure building as they followed the group into the hallway, running.

"There's another emergency staircase like this on the opposite side," Melissa gasped out, trying to keep up with the group.

"Hurry!" Iida urged, picking up the pace. But their efforts seemed futile as the hallway began to be blocked off by steel doors on both sides.

However, their mouth formed into a shit-eating grin. "The system is my bitch now!" They exclaimed, pressing the enter key as the one in front of the group stopped from closing halfway.

Meanwhile, in the control room, the villains watched in shock as the screen turned purple, displaying a pixelated chibi version of [Name]. "You got hacked, suckers!" they shouted as more and more chibi versions of themselves filled the screen, repeating the same message.

"What is happening?!" the male with purple markings on his face exclaimed, dropping his cigarette in shock.

"I don't know!" the white-haired criminal shouted, frantically trying to regain control of the system.

"Get someone down to the 80 floor!" The first one shouted into his earpiece attached to his ear.

"Got it!"

"[Last Name], you did it!" Uraraka cheered, a wide smile spreading across her face.

[Name] smirked, looking up from their screen. "Hell yeah, I did. We've got a few minutes until this sucker figures out how to close the shutter, but don't worry. I should be able to hold him off easily."

"Great job, [Last Name]!" Kaminari exclaimed, pulling [Name] into a congratulatory hug as they laughed.

"Yeah! You did it so fast too," Melissa marveled. "I never thought I would meet someone who could actually hack into one of the most secure places in the world."

[Name] fanned themselves with their hand. "You flatter too much, guys."

"Well, you deserve it," Todoroki chimed in with a nod, his calm voice carrying a note of sincerity.

[Name] couldn't help but feel a warm flush creep up their cheeks at the shower of compliments. "You guys are making me blush!"

Laughter filled the air in response to their embarrassment, a comforting symphony of camaraderie.

"Wait, can [Name] now let everyone go?" Midoriya asked as the others soon realized the same thing too. Melissa shook her head in 'no'.

"That is another system and it needs a code input into it. Thankfully I know it. They won't be able to do it from here." Melissa explained with a frown. "We never thought that someone could take over the system, so we never thought of another way to reset everything back to normal."

"What a bummer," Uraraka said as everyone else felt the same.

"Come on, we need to go," Iida urged, gesturing towards the half-open shutter.