god stood me up (and I don't know why)

Curled up under their cozy blanket, [Name] buried themselves in their bed, shutting out the world with the sad songs blaring from their playlist titled 'let me die.' The loud strumming of guitars and pained singing echoed in the room, mirroring the turmoil in [Name]'s own feelings. They were glad that their neighbor is out for the summer on vacation. She must be having a better time then them. No villains out to kill her or ruin her vacation time. They really envied her right now.

They glanced at the alarm clock, its red numbers glaring at them accusingly. It was 10:04 a.m., but [Name] didn't care. Their mind was stuck on the events of I-Island, and it seemed like they trade Shirigaki for Wolfram instead. They didn't even know if that makes it worse or not. It felt like a heavy burden they couldn't shake off, a bitter memory haunting their thoughts. Maybe this is their fault for choosing to go to that cursed island.

They quickly stop the train of thought as it could've turned out worse for the others if they weren't there. They didn't want their mind to cook up imagines of their friends dying in that the stupid tower because they wished they didn't go.

They barely noticed the creak of their bedroom door opening, lost in their own thoughts. Resigned to whatever fate had in store, they felt like the universe's favorite punching bag. Blow after blow, they endured with a weary resignation, wondering if there was an end to their string of misfortunes. They hoped that they didn't suffer if someone did come to kill them. They bet it would Shirigaki who would do it. That guy looked like he would do it. At this point, they wouldn't care.

Perhaps it was time to embrace the life of a hermit, to retreat from the world and its endless disappointments. If nothing else, it would spare their parents the disappointment of their continued existence. Oh, wait, they have already disappointed their parents long ago. Another tally mark for their parents then.

As [Name] lay cocooned in their blanket, lost in their depressing music, a familiar voice cut through the somber melody, snapping them out of their stupor. They peeked out to see Aizawa-sensei standing in the doorway, his usually stoic face softened with concern.

"Kid, this is depressing," Aizawa's voice cut through the heavy atmosphere, his blunt observation hanging in the air like a lead weight. [Name] cringed, feeling exposed under his penetrating gaze. Ignoring the unwelcome intrusion, they pulled the blanket over their head, seeking refuge from the world. They didn't even think about how he was in their apartment as he didn't have a key. And to be honest, they really didn't care.

"Go away, sensei!" [Name] yelled from under their blanket, their voice muffled by the thick fabric of their favorite blanket. The sad song playing on their playlist made their feelings even stronger. They felt like everything was falling apart, and tears started to fill their eyes.

With a heavy sigh, Aizawa walked into the room, shutting the door gently behind him. He wrinkled his nose at the mess scattered across the floor – clothes tossed carelessly, trash piled up in corners, and something moving in the shadows that he didn't even want to know about. It was obvious that [Name]'s room reflected the chaos in their mind. He wasn't surprised by this though. He has meet first time heroes who had experienced what they are experiencing right now. Heck, he had once upon ago.

Navigating through the mess on the floor and making sure to not step on anything as he didn't want to accidentally break something of theirs, Aizawa approached [Name]'s bed. Despite their efforts to hide, they could feel his presence getting closer, urging them to bury themselves further under the blanket, hoping to avoid his scrutiny.

"Agh! Can't you leave me here to be sad!" [Name]'s muffled voice pleaded from beneath the covers, their despair palpable even through the blanket. Aizawa could feel their despair rolling of them in waves. He took a seat next to them, with a small amount of distance between the two. [Name] ignored their bed dipping under his weight, hoping that he would just leave them alone to their thoughts.