we give and take a little more (we give and take a little more)

"All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games! When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it into the final round will duke it out tournament style, one-on-one!" The command echoed through the bustling arena as Midnight, a striking figure atop the stage, addressed the sea of eager students. [Name] couldn't help but conceal a smirk, excitement bubbling within them at the prospect of engaging in combat.

Leaning casually on Tokoyami, [Name] declared, "I cannot wait to fight." Tokoyami, understanding their nature, remained silent, a stoic presence beside them.

Kirishima, a beacon of enthusiasm, exclaimed from the front, "I'm going to stand on the stage I watch every year on TV!" [Name] grinned, sharing in his zeal for the upcoming battles.

"Are you ready for it, Toko-kun?" [Name] inquired, addressing the teen.

"Yes, I am sure Dark Shadow and I will do our best," Tokoyami responded with a small nod.

Curiosity echoed in Ashido's voice as she queried from beside Kirishima and Sero, "Was it a tournament last year?"

"It's different every year, but there's always a one-on-one competition," Sero explained. "Last year, it was a sports Chanbara match."

With Midnight gesturing to start, attention shifted. "Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket," she announced, presenting a box labeled 'lots.' "Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength."

A surprising twist unfolded as Ojiro raised his hand and declared, "Um...! Excuse me. I'm withdrawing." Gasps rippled through the crowd, prompting [Name] to walk up to Ojiro, linking their arm with his.

"Are you sure, Ojiro-kun? This is an important opportunity!" [Name] questioned, puzzled by the decision to forfeit.

"I barely remember anything from the Cavalry battle until towards the end. I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it..." Ojiro explained to [Name] as he patted their head. Their face warmed up at the action, another weakness of theirs, and it seemed like he noticed along with the others and he chuckled at their expression. Leading them to hide their face with their hands as the others giggle at the sight and keep that in mind.

As Ojiro detailed his reasons, [Name] whispered to themselves into their hands, trying to decipher his motives. Was it a brainwashing quirk or something more complex?

"I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened," Ojiro admitted, prompting [Name] to acknowledge his choice.

"If that is what you want, then I won't stop you," [Name] affirmed.

Nirengeki followed suit, expressing a similar sentiment. "I'm Shoda Nirengeki from Class B. I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of the sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round?" [Name] looked puzzled but also understood because it was in his nature to be like that after talking to him and Kendo during the meeting between the two class Presidents and Vice Presidents of Class 1-A and 1-B.

"What's up with these guys?!" Kirishima cried, tears threatening to spill. "They're so manly!"

Midnight accepted their withdrawals with a crack of her whip.

"If that's what's going to happen," a girl spoke, if [Name] remembers correctly she is from class 1-B, "then rather than us who barely did anything in the Cavalry battle, then it should be them. The ones who fought to the end and stayed at the top, Team Tetsutetsu, right?"