and maybe i enjoy it just a little bit (does that make me insane?)

Slumping in their chair, [Name] let out a big sigh, their gaze drifting across the blackboard with a feeling of defeat. English class, required as it was, felt like it would never end, suffocating them with its boredom. But even in the midst of all that dullness, there was something reassuring about the English language to [Name]. They'd gotten pretty good at it thanks to their adventures with Clow Cards like Spider-Man, a favorite character from the Marvel universe once long ago.

In a world dominated by quirks, the once-beloved Marvel to DC universe faded into obscurity, overshadowed by the rise of pro heroes. As quirks became the norm, the fantastical tales of superheroes and villains lost their appeal, eventually leading to the cessation of comic book production from the pre-quirk era. However, for [Name], these comics held a special place in their heart, becoming cherished collector's items within their apartment.

Over time, [Name] painstakingly gathered a massive collection of these vintage comics, investing both time and money into acquiring each piece. Fortunately, their parents turned a blind eye to their spending habits, so long as they didn't both their parents from working.

In the boring English classes, [Name] thought about their own mission: learning different languages. After mastering Spanish, they aimed to pick up Korean next. Becoming multilingual became super important to [Name] - it wasn't just a hobby; it was a big life goal for their future. They were super into connecting with people from all over, and being able to speak multiple languages was key. Plus, being a Pro Hero might mean traveling outside Japan, so knowing different languages could really come in handy.

As Present Mic's voice pierced through the silence, he posed a question to the class: "Which one of these sentences contains the mistake?"

[Name], spotting the error in the fourth sentence, chose not to raise their hand. Instead, they observed as Yayorozu raised her hand once again to provide an answer. A faint smirk danced on [Name]'s lips, imagining the potential frustration the teacher might feel in handling what is to be a disinterested class.

A nagging feeling started to grow in [Name]'s mind, suggesting that Present Mic might resort to using his quirk to force students to participate or, even worse, pick students randomly - something that went against [Name]'s unspoken rules for the classroom. Uncomfortable with the idea of being put on the spot, knowing it often made them feel stressed and anxious, [Name] reluctantly decided to raise their hand. It was the first time they had spoken up in the class. Present Mic's face lit up with a grin, genuinely happy to have a volunteer who wasn't Yayorozu, the only other student actively participating.

"It is the fourth one, Present Mic-sensei," With a casual demeanor, [Name] confidently pointed out the mistake in the fourth sentence to Present Mic-sensei. Their voice carried a hint of boredom, reflecting their eagerness for the class to end.

As the correct answer escaped their lips, "Good job," Present Mic responded with a screech resembling a bird's cry, [Name] remained unfazed.

Inwardly satisfied with a job well done, [Name] welcomed the sound of the bell, announcing the onset of lunchtime. Eager to talk with their friends, they decided to join Jirou, Hakagure, and Yayorozu, the latter two having been rivals during the entrance assessment.

The lunchtime chatter echoed in the cafeteria as [Name], Jirou, Hakagure, and Yayorozu gathered at a corner table. Trays filled with a variety of dishes clattered, and the aroma of different foods mingled in the air.

"So, [Name], what's your favorite subject so far?" Jirou, with her signature earphone jacks trailing from her earlobes, leaned in with genuine curiosity.

[Name] took a moment to think, stirring the contents of their bento. "I'd say anything related to battle training. I'm not much of a fan of theoretical classes. I am really excited to take Heroeics Class next. What about you?"