and they're singing my praises (screaming my name out loud)

"Now then, I'll explain the rules of the Cavalry battle," Midnight declared, her whip flicking up dramatically as a visual aid materialized behind her, displaying headbands with numbers. "The clock ticks for fifteen minutes. Each team's worth is the sum of its members' points, and riders will sport a headband bearing that number on their foreheads. The objective is simple: teams strive to seize each other's headbands until time elapses, aiming to retain as many points as possible. The snag? Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, complicating the management with each conquest. Crucially, even if your headband is snatched or your team falters, you're not out!"

With about 42 students participating, [Name] quickly figured there would likely be at least 10 teams in the mix. The thought of a wild, free-for-all fight didn't excite them, but they were ready to do what it took, even if it meant snagging headbands from other teams.

"During the game, you're free to employ your quirks, adding a cruel twist to the fights," Midnight continued. "However, remember, it's still a Cavalry battle. Deliberate attempts to make others fall will earn you a red card and immediate expulsion!"

"Damn," Bakugo muttered, a sentiment [Name] found entirely predictable.

"Now, you have 15 minutes to assemble a team. Commence!" Midnight announced, triggering a frenetic scramble as students rushed to form alliances. [Name] swiftly navigated the chaos, spotting Tokoyami without a group and linking arms with him.

"Hey, let's stick together!" [Name] shouted, getting a nod from Tokoyami and drawing Midoriya and Uraraka's attention. Midoriya realized this was a golden opportunity to team up with [Name] and Tokoyami, especially seeing other students eyeing them for the same reason. It was obvious to everyone that they had some serious skills, and Midoriya knew they had more tricks up their sleeve. He hurried over to join them, with Uraraka following closely behind, silently supporting his decision.

"Hey, Tokoyami, and [Last Name]. How about we join up?" Midoriya proposed anxiously, hopeful that the pair wouldn't tell him 'no' like the others did when they heard how much his headband was worth.

"It is up to Toko-kun!" [Name] glanced at Tokoyami, who blushed at the newly bestowed nickname.

"Okay," he agreed, eliciting relief from Midoriya and cheers from Uraraka.

"Yay! Let's sign up with Midnight-sensei!" Uraraka exclaimed, grabbing onto [Name]'s arm and pulling them along with Tokoyami.

[Name] blinked and the battle was about to start. However, they couldn't believe that they were the rider, a unanimous agreement between the others without a say from them.

"Wait," [Name] interjected as they looked at the others "Who do I go with?" Glancing around, they noticed Uraraka at the rear, Midoriya on their left, and Tokoyami at the right.

"Uh, [Last Name]-san, do you, maybe, have someone who can defend and attack at the same time?" Midoriya suggested, brainstorming a strategy. [Name] tapped their chin, recalling who they brought for today.

"Yes!" [Name] cheered, as a card appeared in front of them. They grinned as they saw who was plaster on the front. "If I use this one, Uraraka, how long can you make us weightless?" they asked, turning to Uraraka.

"I can go for as much time as you need me to!" Uraraka responded with determination.

"Not much, trust me, guys!" [Name] reassured, receiving confident nods from their teammates.

As the timer rang, everyone covered their ears as a short horn blared. "Now then," Midnight said, stretching her arms into the air, "it's about time we get started! After fifteen minutes to form teams and talk strategy, twelve Cavalry teams are lined up on the field! Now, raise those battle cries! It's time for UA's bloody battle! Light the signal fire!"