when the world is calling you (can you hear them screaming out your name?)

"As your mentor, I have planned to give you more experience during the remaining two days of your internship," Mirko said with a stern expression, causing [Name] to widen their eyes in surprise, their hands tightening on the white hospital blanket. They had expected to learn more about fighting techniques, but it seemed like Mirko had something else in store for them.

"You only have two more days left after you're discharged from the hospital this afternoon, and I won't be holding back," Mirko continued her tone challenging. "You'll need to bring your 'A' game because I won't be helping you. It's all up to you, Cardcaptor [Name]."

Feeling a surge of excitement and determination, [Name] grinned and nodded. "I understand, Mirko. I'll do my best and show you what I can do."

---------

"You understand your mission, Cardcaptor [Name]?" A voice rang through their intercom. This isn't what they had in mind when Mirko brought it up yesterday. They were in the alley next to the bank and stood under the vent cover.

With a quick glance around to ensure they weren't being watched, [Name] unlatches the vent cover and slips inside, the metal scraping against their back. It's cramped and stuffy, but they remind themselves that this is part of the job.

"Yes, Mirko. I am in the vents now." [Name] said, keeping their voice low, biting back a yawn trying to escape their mouth. It is late at night and they are wishing right now that Mirko chose to send them on a mission during the day. They wore a skin-tight black bodysuit with a yellow bat symbol emblazoned on the chest. The suit is accented with matching yellow boots, gloves, and a black cape with the inside being yellow. They also include a black cowl that covers their face, leaving only their bright [Eye Color] eyes visible and a utility belt filled with various gadgets and weapons. They are using Batgirl's Clow Card.

As they pressed the button on their hologlove, the blueprints of the building flickered to life before their eyes. [Name] studies the blueprint carefully, tracing the ventilation system with their finger until they find the one they need. They take a deep breath, knowing that one wrong turn could cost them their mission. The blueprints guide them through the maze of vents, and they take each turn with precision, mindful of the twists and turns of the ventilation system as they didn't want to get lost. They can hear the faint hum of machinery below, but it's drowned out by the sound of their own breathing.

The cool metal beneath their hands and knees felt rough against their skin, and their heart beat rapidly with adrenaline. Their breaths were shallow and quiet, not wanting to alert anyone of their presence. Every so often, they would stop and listen, checking for any signs of danger before continuing.

Despite the cramped space, [Name] pressed on, determined to reach their destination. The only sounds in the vents were the occasional drip of water and the soft scuff of their movements. The musty smell of dust and old metal filled [Name]'s nose, but they pressed on, determined to complete their mission. They were glad that there were no rats or they would've cried.

[Name]'s mind was focused, and their muscles ached from the effort of crawling and navigating the maze-like vents. But they refused to let that stop them. The question is, how the hell does a bank not clean its own vents?

"I said shut up!"

"I would if you hurry it up! The heroes could be here in any second!"

[Name] crept through the vents, their movements steady and quiet, listening to the bank robber quarreling (they wanted to burst out laughing because why are the two fighting each other and not focusing on robbing the bank). They were focused on their mission, to stop the bank robbers. With each passing moment, [Name] drew closer to their destination, their heart pounding in their chest with adrenaline.