you held me down (but I got up)

Mirko and [Name] were on a stakeout, watching a warehouse from the roof of another building. [Name] was dressed in a red tunic and black leggings, with green gloves and boots, a hooded black and yellow cape, and a green domino mask. The "R" symbol was prominently displayed on their left breast. As they tightened the lace on their boots, Mirko grinned hungrily and tightened her gloves.

"You ready, Cardcaptor [Name]?" she asked.

[Name] nodded confidently, their eyes narrowing behind the mask. "Yes, Mirko."

-------

"Come on, Kid. We have to go see Tsukauchi at the police station." Mirko walks into the room with [Name] ending their phone call with Eri. Eri has been staying with Aizawa and Yamada for two days now and seems to be settling in nicely. The child even manages to wrangle out a promise from them to take her out when their internship is done. It is not like [Name] could even say no to her.

"Can I ask for what?" [Name] inquires in curiosity as the pair makes their way out of the building.

"He has a little mission for us," Mirko replies. "He specifically asked for us because I asked him if there were any assignments for us to do together. I made a promise after all." She gave them a wink.

"I see," [Name] nods, feeling a sense of responsibility settling on their shoulders. They also felt giddy at the thought of fighting alongside Mirko one of their idols. "Let's go then."

As they make their way to the police station, [Name] can't help but wonder what kind of information Tsukauchi has and what this case is.

[Name] and Mirko step out of the building and head towards Mirko's car, which is parked on the street. Mirko unlocks the car and gets into the driver's seat while they take the passenger seat.

The car starts with a roar as Mirko revs the engine. [Name] puts on their seatbelt and looks out the window as the scenery passes by. The city is bustling with people, but the two of them are in a hurry, so they navigate through the traffic with ease.

The car continues down the street, the sound of the engine and the chatter of the radio filling the silence between them.

Finally, they arrive at the police station, where Tsukauchi is waiting for them. Mirko pulls into a parking spot, and the two of them get out of the car. As they walked towards the entrance of the building, [Name] couldn't help but wonder what Tsukauchi had in store for them.

Mirko and [Name] enter the police station, the heavy doors swinging open with a creak. The lobby is brightly lit with fluorescent lights, casting harsh shadows across the room. The walls are painted a dull beige, adorned with posters detailing safety tips and emergency numbers as well as wanted people.

To the left of the entrance, there is a long desk with several officers behind it, typing away at computers and answering phone calls. The sound of ringing phones and typing keyboards fills the air, creating a low hum that seems to vibrate through the building.

As they approach the desk, one of the officers looks up and greets them. "Ah! Mirko, Tsukauchi-san gave us a heads up that you and your intern were coming in."

"Great. Please show us the way."

The officer nods and directs them down a hallway on the right. As they walk down the hall, they pass several closed doors, each labeled with a different department name.

The air is thick with the scent of cleaning supplies, and the sound of footsteps and muffled conversations echo off the walls. The hallway eventually opens up into a large room filled with desks and computers, with a window looking out into a bullpen where officers can be seen moving about.