chapter 6

Your eyes feel heavy as you sit at your desk, head leaning on your hand as you twiddle your pencil in your remainung hand. The teacher talks, but you don't listen.

The pain medication is finally kicking in. But not for the pain, because it's already kicked in for that. But it is making you very tired and lousy, like recovery girl said it would. Your head still aches a bit. That's kind of your fault for making Katsuki so mad, before fighting against him. Then again, you don't think he would hold back for anyone. So maybe it's not your fault.

It's crazy, how badly your very first day of school went down. You would think something like this would happen, maybe around the middle of the year. If it happened at all. And it doesn't help that Katsuki saw your mom yelling at you. He might not even know it's your mom. You just really hope that he forgets and doesn't confront you about it.

But you're still worried he will, so you think of what to say if he does. It was your sister? Your friend? A random person? Would he even believe any of those excuses? He barely knows you, and you barley know him. So you doubt he'll say anything, you hope.

You get wiped out of your thoughts by the last school bell. Mina quickly runs up to your desk, asking if you want to go eat at a new fast food restaurant, that just opened down the street with her and the Bakusquad. "Oh yeah, you got hurt today. So you don't need to come, if you're not feeling it! We hang out basically everyday, so you could come hang with us any time!" She cheers, sending you a big, happy smile. You just met Mina, and she's already acting like you're her best friend. Best friend? Please. Just like your mother said, you're not capable of having any friends, you think to yourself.

"No thanks."
You spit out. Glaring at her, before picking up your bag and storming out of the room. You feel many different eyes on you as you walk out quickly, not bothering to look back. The glare doesn't leave your face either. One of the many pairs of eyes on you most likely belong to Bakugo. You've felt his eyes on you throughout the last two periods, but you didn't say anything, or look back at him.

You probably just hurt Mina's feelings by glaring at her, and giving her such a bitter response. But you don't want people to know your true self. About your mom, Your unstable mental health or home, nothing about you can be revealed. You don't want it to back fire and be used against you.

You can't trust anyone.

You walk out the school and reach the big blue gate. You look around, trying to spot your mothers car. But she didnt come.

Great, now you have to walk home. You don't know the way either. You pull out your phone, searching up your address on the GPS. It's a half hour walk. Seriously? Whatever, you could use a walk.

But you're so tired and exhausted.

You walk and walk, it felt like endless hours. And it probably was, having you kept getting lost around the city. Your feet and back hurt, and you grew more and more tired every step. Finally, you reach 'home', using your key to unlock the door and opening it slowly. You creep in quietly, not bothering to take off your shoes at the front door. You just want to get to your bed and take a long, much-needed nap. Before doing any of the homework you were given by Aizawa.

You make it half way up the narrow staircase, before... "Y/N, ARE YOU BACK?!" You hear your angry mom shout from the living room. You let out a sigh. You can tell by the way she slumbers her words, that she's drunk. You immediately stop as you hear her raspy voice. You roll your eyes before shouting back so she can hear you, "Yeah, I'm back."

"HEY COME HERE!"

You jog back down the stairs, to the cluttered living room. "Yeah?" You question, pointing up a single eye brow. "Why are you so late? School ended two hours ago." She slurs, sending you the billionth glare of the day. "Maybe because you didn't pick me up, and I had to walk home." You speak calmly, matching her angry glare.

"Are you talking back to me?!"

"That's how a fucking conversation works."

You quickly stomp off, back to the stairs.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING?!"

You angrily stomp up the stairs to you room. She can't actually be serious? She can't be mad at you for her not picking you up. That's her fault, not yours. You lay down on your bed, closing your eyes. You feel so exhausted and tired, today was definitely not a good day.

You feel yourself drifting off to sleep, but immediately open your eyes again, as you hearing your phone go off a few times. You pick up your phone to see an unknown number that texted you about 6 times.

.....

Unknown Number:
L/nnnnn!!!

Unknown Number:
It's Mina!!

*Changes contact*

Mina:
Did I do something wrong????

Mina:
Why did you glare at me today?????

Mina:
This is L/n Y/n right???

Mina:
Are you okay???

.....

Someone needs to take away this girls punctuation.

.....

L/n💖:
How did you get my number?

Mina:
I have my ways! 😅

Mina:
Are you mad at me for something???!

L/n💖:
How did you get my number.

Mina:
Fineee, I looked at Aizawas documents and found your number!!!!

L/n💖:
Okay.

L/n💖:
Leave me alone please.

Mina:
No but wait!!!!

L/n💖:
Goodbye.

                                      .....

You turn off your phone and set it on your bedside table, hearing it go off a couple more time before going silent. You close your eyes again, feeling yourself quickly drift off. But once again, your nap is interrupted by something. This time it's your mom yelling utter nonsense, not at you but at herself. You hear thuds and crashes coming from downstairs, there's no way you'll get to have a nap.

You sit up on your bed, rubbing your eyes before grabbing books and papers from your school bag, placing them on your desk. You do a few hours of homework, stopping as it starts to get dark. Your mom has been yelling and throwing things around on and off throughout the afternoon. You just hope she will stop before you try to get some sleep for the night.