chapter 24

you slowly wake up, the room dark, reminding you that it's still night. your eyes lay on the sleeping boy beside you, his face calm and his body pointed towards you.

quickly, your attention is caught by his hand resting on yours. you didn't notice when he did it. a gentle smile is drawn to your lips as you look at your hands. but the moment is quickly interrupted when you feel your stitches burning painfully. you close your eyes tightly, opening them and slipping your hand away. you attempt to slowly sit up, resulting in immediately falling back down.
biting down on your lip, you try again. slowly sliding onto your stomach, and placing your hands on either side of your chest. quietly, you push your body up and position yourself onto your knees.

placing your hand over your mouth, you try to stay quiet as the urge to scream out in pain start to get very tempting.

silently, you slowly crawl off the bed and walk to the bathroom, closing the door and turning on the light. the brightness of the light blinds your tired eyes for a moment, they adjust after a few seconds. you look at yourself in the mirror, turning around and pulling the shirt up slowly, and gently.

you look at your reflection in the mirror, seeing your entire torso and back wrapped in bandages. you spot dark bruises around the top and bottom of the bandages, it looks like there was a war of betrayal fought on your once smooth skin. but at least they were treated.

the shirt is then pulled down slowly, you quietly looking through the cabinets for some painkillers. but no luck.

a sigh comes from you as you close the cabinets, guessing that you're just going to have to deal with the pain that spreads around your entire body. suddenly, the door slowly opens, revealing Bakugo. he looks at you with cloudy eyes and a calm face.

"what are you doing?" he asks, with a tired and raspy voice. "oh, I was looking for some painkillers but I couldn't find any. it's okay though, I'm fine," you reply, rubbing the back up your neck.

"no wait, I have them downstairs in the kitchen, come." he grabs your hand gently, leading you down the stairs, to the kitchen. his grip does not let go of your hand as he looks through the drawer for the Tylenol. he quickly spots them, letting go for a split second to dump two out. he grabs onto your hand again, and places the medication in your palm.

you smile as he passes you a glass of water, you take it quickly. "thank you," you say, placing a soft check on his cheek before swallowing down the pills. his eyes widen, and you can tell his cheeks are heating up, even in the dimmed lighted kitchen. "you're welcome, now come on. you need to get some more sleep." he leads you back to his room, you following with the glass of water in your hand.

by the time you reach his room, your back is already starting to hurt a little less, 'hopefully i'll sleep better now.'

Bakugo lets you lay down first, then laying down next to you. he turns towards you, closing his eyes. "goodnight, pretty boy," you whisper, watching him slowly fall asleep. it might sound creepy, but you love watching him sleep. his usual grumpy frown and glare turning into a soft expression is fascinating to see. it's adorable too.

slowly and sneakily, you move closer to him, feeling his body warmth. you grab his arm gently, pulling it closer to you, kissing his knuckles gently before dosing off to sleep as well.
.
.
.
the next morning you woke up to the sound of pans rattling and the smell of bacon and eggs. your eyes light up to the smell. you look beside you to see that Bakugo wasn't beside you anymore.

slowly, you get up and walk to the bathroom. freshening up and using some of Bakugos mouth wash. you then walk downstairs, following the sound to the kitchen to see Bakugo cooking. he glances at you, smirking a bit, "good morning messy hair" he says teasingly.