chapter 10

As you are eating your food you start to feel a little more comfortable, almost like Todoroki wasn't there. But you know he was here, and you almost felt comfort in that. Is that why he's here? "Hey, Shoto?" You glance at the boy, "Yeah?"

"Do you think I'm a bad person?"

"No."

Your eyes widen at his response, how could he not find you as a bad person? All you have been doing is pushing people away and being rude to them, how could he just say no?
With that, you look away.

"But i do think you're hiding something, and don't want people to know. Kind of like me."

You choke on your ramen, surprised how of all people, he found out you were hiding something. He wasn't really there when anything happened, was he? "What?! I'm not hiding anything! And... wh-what are you hiding?" He looks up at you with absolutely no emotion. How does he do that? How does he just show nothing in his expression?

"I'll tell you, if you tell me what you're hiding." He Replied. "I'm not telling you anything." You say, glaring at him. "That's okay."

"Wait, what?"

"I said it's okay-"
You cut him off,
"I know what you said, but how could you let something go that easily? After seeming so convinced of it, why aren't you pushing me, like everyone else?" He stays silent and continues to eat. You glare at him, then finishing your food as well.

Just as you finish you pack up your bento box and stand up, Todoroki does the same. He quietly follows behind you to the classroom. "You go in first, I don't want people knowing we were together." You whisper, slightly ashamed to be asking for the rude favor. "Okay." He walks into the class room, you then going in a couple minutes after.

.....

The last bell finally rings. You stand up to leave as you hear Mina call out your name, which makes you begin to run. You don't want to deal with telling her that your not going to hang out with her again. You hear her foot steps as they catch up behind you. You stop, turning around to face her, she stops in front of you. You proceed to put your hand in front of your lips, palm flat and facing upwards. You blow what looks like smoke out of your hand into Mina's face, she starts to cough and waves her hands around, attempting to fan it away. But when it's gone, you're gone as well.

You run out of the school, towards your mothers car, you breathe heavily as you rush into the vehicle. "Drive." You desperately breathe out, panting. "What did you just say to me?" Your mother grunts, looking at you with her regular glare. "Just drive! Please!" She scoffs at your words and proceeds to drive.

Once you reach the house you run up to the door, praying that it's unlocked, so she won't have time to yell at you for demanding her of something. A sigh of relief escapes your mouth when the unlocked door opens, you kick off your shoes and immediately run upstairs to your room.

You hope you didn't hurt Mina or anything, you just wanted to get away. And the smoke wasn't even real, so it's fine. You think to yourself. You change into sweat pants and a baggy t-shirt, laying on your bed, pulling out your phone to see 3 text messages from Mina. "Shit." You whisper, scared to open them. You worry it's her saying she's hurt or she's allergic to the smoke or something, is that even an allergy?-

You build up enough courage to open the text messages.

.....

Mina:
O. M. G.

Mina:
L/N YOUR QUIRK IS SOOOO COOL!!!!

Mina:
THE WAY YOU JUST BLOWED IMAGINARY SMOKE OUT OF YOUR OWN HAND, AND IT WASN'T EVEN A REAL. YOU ARE SO COOL OMGGG!!!

.....

She's not even mad, at all? She found that cool? Jeez, this girl has way to much energy and excitement. So much that you could never catch up with it. You don't answer, but you smile at the text messages. You're happy that she thinks you're 'cool.' You double tap the home button on your phone, (Y/n has a iPhone btw.) sliding the messages app to close it, then proceeding to go back on TikTok. You go on it and scroll till your bored, or till someone snaps you out of it. Like your mother yelling, for example.

"Y/NNNN!" Your mother shouts from downstairs, distracting you from the addictive scrolling, like I said.

"WHATTT?!" you yell back, not getting a reply. You roll your eyes before sitting up and strolling down the stairs. You're not scared of what she's calling you for, because you can tell by the tone of her voice that she's just asking you for something. You've learned how to read her voice and actions ever since you were little. It took a while,but now you're officially a pro.

"Yeah mom?"

"I need you to go grocery shopping for me. I'm not aloud back to the grocery store, for shoplifting." She says while blowing cigarette smoke out of her mouth and handing you a 100 dollar bill. "Okay... what do you want me to get?" You ask, taking the money and shoving it in your pocket. "Not sure, anything we are missing. And buy me a pack of smokes and 4 packs of beer".

"You actually think they will let me by cigs and beer?"

"They dont care, we live on the shady-side of this stupid city. Plus, you look older than you actually are."

"Alright."

You jog up the stairs, throwing on some shorts but keeping your loose tee on. You put some socks on and grab your phone and your headphones, then quickly running down the stairs, slipping on your shoe's.

"Alright, I'm headed out."

"K bye"

With that you walk out the door, jogging to the grocery while listening to music. The store is fairly close by, so it's not that bad having to walk back to your house, with a handful of stupid, heavy groceries. You think to yourself with an angry expression. It's not not my fault she stole from the stupid store.

It is, all of this is your fault. Says the voice in the back of your head.

"It's not!" you yell at yourself.

'It is Y/n! It is, and you know it!"

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

You run faster, suddenly tripping over the curb, right in front of the grocery store. You attempt to catch yourself with your hands, but your knees scrape against the concrete. "Fuck me." You hiss, looking at the blood-dripping from your hands and knees. "Today is not my day, my god."