Chapter 33

Now sitting down, at a long table spread out along the patio. A canopy shades the sun from your eyes. Bakugo sits beside you and your friends surround the chairs along the table.

Everyone digs into the food that they helped each other prepare, you some as well and place your place full of breakfast/lunch foods.

You glance at Bakugo before beginning to eat, he sits still, plate empty. You watch as he fidgets with his sweaty fingers and he looks a lot more cautious than he should be, for a class breakfast at least.

"Bakugo?" You whisper, he doesn't say anything. He just stares forward at his empty plate. You look around to make sure you aren't causing any attention. "Katsuki."
His eyes immediately meet yours, his eyes almost look emotionless.

"Are you okay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I am just not very hungry right now." He looks away, taking an egg and a piece of toast and setting it on his plate. You sink in your seat, before beginning to eat again.

When everyone finished eating, they all helped each other with dishes and cleaning up the mess. Once you all finished Aizawa told you that you have the day to do whatever you want. So you are taking that as a chance to relax, and maybe even take a nap.

Everyone does their own thing, so you make your way through the class and hop in the elevator. Just as the door is about to close there is a hand stuffed in the crack, the door begins to open again and you are face to face with Bakugo. Your heart drops when you see him, he looks so tired. And so stressed, you don't know how to help him.

"Hey," you speak softly, stepping to the side to welcome him in the elevator. He keeps his head down and his sight stays pointed to the floor, he doesn't reply either. The ride in the elevator felt longer than it should have, with the deafening silence circling the tension between the two of you.

When the door opens you step out, taking a peak to see Bakugo following closely behind you. You pull your card out of your pocket and open the door to your hotel room, you step aside to let Bakugo through the door first. When he walks in he immediately falls into the bed with his back facing you. He grabs a pillow and curls up into a ball.

You frown and stay completely still for a moment, staring at his tense-up figure. You know you can't say anything to soothe his anxiety, you'll have to try something different. You think maybe the heat could be part of whatever is bothering him. So quietly, you close the door, lock it, dim the lights in the room, and shut the blinds. You sigh, looking at Bakugo laying on the bed.

He is already fast asleep.

Crouching in front of the boy, you gently push his soft spiky bangs away and press a delicate kiss on his forehead that he always hides. You stay there for a couple of minutes, thinking about why he is so worried. Indeed, you have not given the best reassurance, both of you know very well that you are unpredictable. However, you have proven you are strong enough to handle the challenges you're faced against.

But you can not figure out why he is so sure that you or anyone in the class would be put in a situation where we would have to fight using all of our strength. We still have a year left of training after this summer, and won't be fighting that seriously for a long time.

You begin to think about how you have dealt with so much pain, trauma, and grief. How your whole life you had to rebuild yourself back up just to be pushed down like a bridle stack of blocks. All situations you were sucked into and spat out and forgotten at times by your own mother. Or other people you trusted.

It doesn't matter anymore. The strength that was absorbed from you at such a young age with such little knowing and understanding, that doesn't matter now. All you can think about is the sleeping boy in front of you. How he has helped you, comforted you, stitched and tended your wounds, and how he has saved you.