chapter 27

!!small quirk update!!

Y/n can't only make people see what isn't there, but she can also read peoples fears, making it so she can make them see their biggest fears.

for example, if someone is afraid of snakes or spiders, she can make them see snakes or spiders.

....

the school day ended, you ended up sitting aside at training due to your back. you lied and said you didn't feel good.

usually, Bakugo would scold you for sitting aside, saying "if villains attacked right now they wouldn't care if you don't feel good'."
.
.
you walk with Bakugo, the two of you are on the way to your house, you wanting to get some bags packed. a bag for Bakugos house, for Minas house and for the class trip.

"you'll be okay, i'll be here" Bakugo says walking beside you, he can see that you are feeling anxious.

"it will be okay." you tell yourself.

after a bit of walking you reach your house, 'she can't do anything with Bakugo here right?' you think to yourself as you anxiously make your way up to the door.

you knock, hearing some yells inside before the door is swung open aggressively, revealing your mom standing in the door way. you can tell by the way she looks at you that she's surprised to see you, but her eyes holding anger at the same time.

quickly, her eyes are zipped to Bakugo, him standing behind you on the steps. "look who has the nerve to show up here!" your mom shouts.

"i just want to pack some bags" you say, looking at her coldly. "i was so worried about you, i didn't know where you were."

you scold her, your eyes holding no loving emotions towards her. this isn't your mother, this isn't your guardian. guardians are supposed to take care of you, give you love and look out for you.

not make their boyfriend hurt you so badly that you need stitches, not drown their daughter in ice cold water to make the bruises that they made fade.

"you?.. you were worried about me?! worried after you made your boyfriend hit my back so hard that i needed stitches while you laughed and told him to hit harder as i cried in pain? asking you for fucking help?!"

"and after you drowned me in ice cold water, making me drown and gasp for air as my face went numb?!" you yell, her looking surprised, surprised that you are standing up for yourself.

"that's your fucking fault for being a bad daughter." your mom spat.

"that's where you're wrong," Bakugo says sternly, glaring violently at your mom. "Y/n has done nothing but put up with your shit as you drown yourself in alcohol and drugs and bring guy after guy back to your house. she is being mentally and physically abused by you and your gross homeless boyfriend and you couldn't give two shits till she went somewhere safe and stood up for herself."

you look at him wide eyed, him knowing so much by being told so little. your mom looks at him speechless, him scowling at her.

"get your shit and never come back you slut" she says stepping aside for you to come in. just as Bakugo goes to go in she steps in front of him, "she can manage herself." she growls.

"i'm going with her so fucking move." he says pushing her aside forcefully and running upstairs. "it won't take long.. just... thank you for standing up for me, what you said made me think." you say grabbing your bags and shoving clothes in them.

"think about what?" he asks as he watches you pack, "i don't know, just stuff." you reply.

as you finish packing you look around your room, making you upset. your whole childhood you were in your room, to scared to come out.