chapter 7

You gather together your papers, stacking them on top of each other neatly and laying your books on top. While you clean up your pens and pencils, things downstairs stay silent. Longer then they were before. You freeze, starring at your door. Awaiting another noise to pierce your ears.

But theres nothing.

You send an unsure glare to your door, before walking to the door nob and opening it. You stay still, standing in the frame of the door. Waiting for some type of sound to appear, nothing. Not a single sound. The house is absolutely silent, you can only hear the faint sound of the TV playing downstairs.
You jog down the steps, quickly walking to the living room shortly after and peeking over the corner. Your mom lays on the couch, sleeping? Maybe. "Mom?" She doesn't answer. You call it out again louder this time, again nothing.

She had passed out.

You roll your eyes before turning off the TV and collecting some beer cans off the coffee table, a few of them having about a sip or two left. You drink the residue out of the almost empty cans, before collecting the rest. You've been doing that since you were little, not exactly sure why. You bring them to the kitchen and leave them in the sink, jogging back up the stairs and laying down on your bed. Why did this have to be your life? Mother's are supposed to be there for you and take care of you, not you basically having to take care of her.

Whatever. There's nothing you can do about it.

......

Your eyes quickly drift open, waking up from the sound of your mom screaming your name to wake up. You quickly squint, from the sun light shining into your room. You yawn, smelling your morning breath, which is not pleasant. You sit up quickly, feeling a tight, sharp pain in the back of your head. Causing you to feel a bit dizzy as you sit back down at the edge of the bed.

"Where are those fucking pills?"

You scan the room for your school bag, which is on the other side of the room. Slowly, you get up and walking over, rummaging through the bag for the bottle of pills recovery girl gave you. You find them and pop one in your mouth, swallowing it without water, because you don't got time for that.

You slowly get up and change into your uniform. Then strolling to the bathroom, cleaning your face and brushing your teeth quickly. You unwrap the bandage still tightly wrapped around your head, turning around to look at the 3 stitches sticking out the back of your scalp under your hair.

"Is this what happens to everyone on there first day?" You question yourself. Picking up your hair brush and brushing out the messy locks in your hair from your sleep, careful not to hit any stitches.

You walk out of the bathroom shortly after. Grabbing your phone, finished homework and bag. Then running down the stairs to the kitchen, quickly making a lunch and stuffing it into your bag, along with your homework.

You walk to the front door where your impatient mom waits, her arms tightly crossed into her chest. You kneel down sliding on your shoes. You feel her cold eyes on you.

Before getting up, she walks out the door. Slamming it behind her. You quickly stand up, making your head spin. Recovery girl should have told you not to make fast movements, I guess that was just something she left for you to figure out.

You step out the door, jogging to the car. Stepping into the vehicle before putting your school bag to your feet. This time you keep your head up, wanting to try to memorize the way there, just in case you have to walk home again or even walk there.

Your mother pulls up to the school, seeing the whole Bakusquad at the front gate. They are all talking and laughing, well, except bakugo, he's on his phone. Your fists clench, you hope they don't see you get out of the car. "What are you doing? Get the hell out of my car." Your mother snarls. "K." You mumble, taking a breathe before opening the car door, poking your feet out before...

"Are you giving me attitude?!" She yells.

You freeze as you see the whole group of teenagers now look at you. One fist clenchs tighter, as the other hand on the open door handle tightens as well. You look down at your feet. "No, I'm not." You reply in a shaky voice, your hair covering your face. "You're talking back to me!" She yells loudly, again. "I'm not!" You yell back.

"GET OUT OF MY CAR."

You grab your bag, slamming the door behind you. The car drives away quickly. You stay there, back facing the teenages, frozen in place. Knowing that all of them just saw your mom scream at you, on your second day.

Your nails are digging into your palms harder and deeper. You feel a hand on your shoulder, your eyes widen and you quickly look up to see Mina with a concerned look drawn on her face.

Her eyes widen to see tears rolling down your (S/t) cheeks. "L/n are you okay?! Who was that?!" She questions, keeping her hand on your shoulder. You glare. "It's none of your fucking business." You spat, swatting her hand off your shoulder before stomping off to the blue gate. You stop right before you walk through, whipping your head towards the rest of the Bakusquad, sending all of them a mean glare.

You wipe the tears off your face before saying, "What the fuck are you all looking at?!" All of them immediately look away, except Bakugo. Who stays staring at you with a very angry glare pointed towards you. Your glare grows angrier as you keep eye contact with him. Then stomping through the gate, towards the big glass building. Why is so many bad things happening so quickly?!

Worst first two days of school, ever.