chapter 23

!! warning: blood !!

"hey get up, we have to get outside," Bakugo says, helping you to your feet. "what about my mom, and her boyfriend?" you ask, scared you will both need to face them.

Bakugo grunts, chuckling almost, "don't worry about them, they should be out cold for a couple of hours," he wraps your arm around his neck. using his body to keep yourself propped up, you walk with him to the stairs.

"you need to call me when shit like this happens, idiot."

"I'm sorry..."

he frowns, knowing you shouldn't be the one apologizing. this is all your mother's fault, only your mother's fault. it is not fair you have to go through anything like this.

"it isn't fair," he says opening the door, the cab being outside.

"what's not?" you step out the door with Bakugo. "your life, how you're treated, and how you are forced to live. it's just not fair." he looks down.
you frown at his words, feeling deeply upset and guilty. "I'm sorry.. this is my fault..." you whisper, dropping your head.
"don't apologize," he opens the door, "It is most certainly not your fault."

you slowly get into the back of the cab, Bakugo sitting beside you. you gasp as your back brushes against the seat, Bakugo immediately looks at you. "is she okay?" the driver asks, turning his back to look at you, as you hold back tears.

"ye-yeah... as she's fine." he looks upset, that he has to lie about this type of thing.
.
.
finally, you pull up to his house, he carefully helps you out of the car, pays, and thanks the driver before helping you walk to the door.

"okay.. so... do you want me to tell my mom about what happened, or not?"

"no," you say almost immediately, looking at him desperately. "no one can know, okay?"

he nods his head, "okay, here i'll just say... you're drunk, and you needed help."
"what?! you can't say that!" you shout quietly, "i'll just say your mom forced you to drink! she'll understand!" he argued back.
"fine, okay."

he opens the door, you leaning against him while acting intoxicated, like you can't walk. "Katsuki?! where the hell did you g-" Mitsuki cuts herself off, seeing you using her son as support, your head tilted down.

"Y-Y/n?," she studders, looking at you, shocked. "Katsuki what happened to her?!" she speaks again when you don't answer.

his eyes meet hers, him glaring. "she called me drunk, said her mom forced her to drink and she needed me to come help." he lies, it hurts. not only you but him too, to lie. about you being hurt, about your mother, about your abuse.

she stands frozen, her eyes locked on you as you keep your head down, silent. "w-well okay, take her to your room, make her sleep. she needs it." he nods at her, taking off his slides and helping you to his room quickly.

once the door is closed, you let out a sigh of relief, almost falling to the floor before Bakugo catches you. "It's okay, i got you," he reassured, helping you up again.

he looks at your back, blood seeping through his sweater. "I need to look at your back, right now," he says sternly, leading you to his bathroom. he sits you down on the ledge of the bathtub, quickly rummaging through the cabinets of the bathroom, pulling out the first-aid kit.

"okay I uh.." he says awkwardly, "..I need you to take off your shirt, so i can look at your back."

you turn around, your back facing him, slowly peeling off his sweater. ever so gently, he places his warm hands on the hem of your shirt, you covering your mouth as he slowly helps you take the white shirt off. the fabric sticking to your back due to the blood.