chapter 22

the next morning was complicated, you didnt sleep at all. bruises that you failed to attempt to cover with make-up lay all over your body.

you huff as you look at yourself in the mirror, just your bra and underwear remaining. there is a large dark but slightly colourful bruise left on your rib cage.
bruises and deep cuts litter your legs, thighs, arms, neck, chest, etc.
hopefully, the make-up will make some of them less noticeable, but it's clearly not much help.

yesterday, you had to learn how to walk properly, how to play it off like you weren't in pain. you kept yourself locked up in your room, not even unlocking it when your mom banged and screamed at your door.

putting on your uniform, your skirt covers the large bruise on your upper thigh, you noticed it continues to grow up your back.
your socks cover most of the ones on your legs. 'now, how to get out...' you think, sneaking out of the door might be too risky.

"the window might work" you mumble to yourself, but how will you climb out your window when you can barley walk?
also to risky.
"UGHHHH," you huff, grabbing at your hair, "why is everything and everyone against me?!"
i guess, the door it is.
you sigh, your shaky hand hovers over the door nob, "just open the door, and run," you whisper, "run."
you take a deep shaky breath, your sweaty palm gripping onto your phone tighter, making sure not to drop it.

"run!" you shout, opening the door, slamming it shut and quickly running down the stairs. "Y/N?!" you hear your mother yell from the kitchen, just as you go to open the front door, you feel someone grab your wrist.

"and where the fuck do you think your going?!" mother snarls, tightening her grip on your wrist. "I'm just going to school..." you whisper, your wrist aching as they already hurt from last night, them also being painted with bruises.

"no, you're not. you're staying here Y/n," she says angrily. "ye-yes i am, i am leaving!" you shout, trying to tug your wrist away from her tight grasp.

she tightens her grip, "let go!" you wince, "YOU'RE NOT GOING!" she shouts loudly.
"yes.. I... AM!" you yell, blowing smoke into her face. she coughs, waving her hands in front of her face, letting go of your wrist.

you run out the door, leaving her screaming behind you. "COME BACK HERE, YOU FUCKING BITCH!"
"just illusions mom, you should know that!" you yell back, still running.

your legs stop running not soon after, running was a bad idea. your whole body aches and your lungs burn, 'i hate that feeling' you think to yourself as you rub your throat gently.

the walk the rest of the way wasn't too bad, it was a bit cold but nothing you couldn't handle. the hard part is facing Bakugo now, you gave him no explanation, and you didn't talk to him yesterday, or this morning.

he will obviously have many questions that will not be easy to answer.

finally, you reach your class. but you really don't want to go into the room. however there is no choice, might as well do it now than never.

you open the door, having everyones eyes on you, exactly like the first day.

Mina gives you her occasional smile, Kirishima and the rest of the Bakusquad smiles at your appearance as well. but Bakugo just stairs at you, with a glare.

"Y/n, you're just on time, have a seat please," Aizawa says, standing at the front of the class. you nod, sitting at your desk.

the day was boring, the same as everyday, and you were dreading lunch. "the bell has rung, you are dismissed for lunch," Aizawa speaks, stepping into his sleeping bag.

"hey Y/n! lets go!" Mina says happily as she stands beside your desk. "uhm i'm..." you second guess yourself, you can't push the squad away again. but you have to stay away from bakugo.