chapter 16

Hey, I know these chapters are so short so I'm going to try to make them longer!!

(Time skip to after school)

.....

"You guys are good to go home," the sleepy teacher announces right after the bell. Mina jumps up and runs over to your desk where you are packing your things together.

"We are going to a Korean food place that just opened up in town! hope your hungry!" She blurts with a huge smile, she looks so unbelievably happy.

This girl is a walking smiley face.

She grabs onto your hand and pulls you towards the door where Kirishima, Sero, Denki and Bakugo are waiting and talking. Bakugo makes eye contact with you, before looking aware immediately.

"Is L/n coming along?" Denki questions, glancing at you with a warm smile.

"Yes! she said yes this time!" Her hand still grabs onto yours, almost like she's scared you'll change your mind.

Everyone smiles at you, they all look genuinely happy that you out agreed. And you can tell they are trying to make you comfortable.

"Whatever, let's go." Bakugo walks towards the stairs.

"What a grump," Sero laughs as he follows.

"I'm so happy your coming, it will be amazing to have another girl. I'm not even kidding. I've been stuck with these stinky boys this whole time,"Mina speaks, glaring at the boys backs while sticking out her tongue. She does not look genuinely mad, she never does. Because she literally can't. You laugh in response, "I'm happy to."

"If... you don't mind me asking... why were you avoiding and running away from us so much?"

Her question makes you freeze, making you think of your mom again.
"I- uhm..." you try to think of an excuse as fast as possible, anything. Anything believable. "I have been working.

"A job?! You have a job?!" Kirishima asks.

"Well... uhm yeah, I just wanted the extra money you know?" You reply, rubbing the back of your neck.

"I totally understand! just let us know when your working next time!"

"Okay..."

After walking for a while the 6 of you reach the restaurant.
"looks fancy!" Sero calls out before you all walk in, taking a seat at a booth. Bakugo sits across from you, Mina beside you, Kirishima beside Bakugo and Denki and sero beside eachother. You all order drinks and your food, now just waiting for it to arrive.

"Hey so Y/n, can you tell us more about your quirk?"

"Uh- yeah, sure."

You hold out your hand flat, palm facing the ceiling. Suddenly, a shiny purple butterfly appears, flying above your hand with shiny glitter sparkling around it. "You all can see a butterfly right now, but it is not real, I just took advantage of your mind."

Everyone's eyes are widened, staring at the butterfly in mesmerization by the trick you playing on their minds. Although Bakugo just watches what you do with it next. Suddenly, the butterfly bursts into flames, its wings crumbling and burning away. Mina screams and latches onto you while watching the fire in your hand. Everyone else looks terrified. Closing your hand, you make it all disappear before tapping on Minas shoulder, she looks at you.
"It's okay, just illusions." You smile at her.