chapter 19

the next day was boring, the same as yesterday, you finally got food , but you feel tired, and doing math and finishing the articles you had to read wasn't fun. lunch was alright though, it was fun hanging out with the squad and throwing food at each other.

it rounds up to the end of the day, a sigh of relief comes from you. you then stand up and walk over to Bakugos desk, "hey Bakugo" you say leaning on his desk with your hand. "hey?" he replies looking at you confused, "can I come over again? I don't want to go home" you pout. "whatever, I don't care" he says as he packs his bag.

"yay!"
.
.
.
you guys reach his house, going on the train and walking there didn't take very long. "what do you wanna do" he asks laying on his bed, you shrug in response. "want to watch a movie?" he asks, "sure!" you reply sitting on the corner of his bed.

he looks on Netflix, pointing the remote towards the TV as he searches for a movie. "well since it's holloween soon," he says clicking on a horror movie, "we will watch this"

your eyes widen and you nervously smile, "a horror movie?" you question, he nods in response. then getting up and turning off the lights, it feels a bit cold in his room so you pull his soft blanket over you. you can also use it to cover your eyes if you need to.

the movie starts to get intense, you feel your heart begin to beat at a inhumane speed. suddenly a jump scare comes, making you scream grab onto Bakugos arm out of fear. he laughs, but your grip tightens and you shove your head into his shoulder, your eyes closed tightly. you hear the screeches of the ghosts and demons on the TV, but then they stop.

you peak up and your grip loosens, "what happened?" you ask. "I paused it" Bakugo replys, "why?" you question. "because your scared" he chuckles, "you can still play it, I'm okay" taking a few deep breaths before letting go and sitting up properly. "it's okay, ill play something else, what's your favorite movie shrimpy?"

"hmm, probably (favorite movie)"

he side smiles lightly and puts it on, "I like this movie to" he says. you smile back, feeling calmer watching a movie your familiar with. your body feels relaxed eyes growing heavy. you lay down, making yourself more comfortable, "tired?" he asks, "yeah, I should probably head home" you say sitting up a bit.

"don't worry about it, you could just stay the night if you want," he says as the movie begins to play. "it's the weekend tomorrow to, won't have to wake up early" he adds, "okay" you whisper, falling asleep.

"I'll sleep on the couch" you hear him say, his words sound muffled though because of your tiredness "mkay" you mumble.

"tch, dumbass"
.
.
.
you stand in your living room, your mom and her boyfriend screaming at each other. but you cant tell what their saying, "what's going on?" you say, your voice echoing in the small living room. their heads turn as soon as the words leave your lips, they stare at you with devilish glares, looking villainous and scary.

they both stand up from the couch, all their movements matching, they're like puppets on strings."mom, what's going on?" you step back out of fear, and they begin to scream at you as they slowly walk towards you. "YOU'RE SUCH A SLUT, YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE HIM HE CAN PROTECT YOU?!" your mother screams in your face.

"what, I don't like him? what are you talking about?!" you yell back nervously. "LIAR, SLUTTY LIAR," she screams, bringing her fist into contact with your stomach, then your face. you grunt from the pain, kneeling slightly while holding your stomach. "mom I'm sorry! please stop!" you yell.

she continues, hitting and punching you until you're on the floor. her boyfriend decides to join in, kicking you in the stomach while you cough up blood, feeling every painful kick and punch.

they begin to laugh evily, while you cry and hold your stomach on the floor.

their laughs begin to slip away, sounding like they're above water while you're slowly drowing downwards.

drowning.
is all you can feel.
can't take any breaths.
just the feeling of your lungs burning, trying to grasp air as you sink.
lower, lower, and lower.
.
.
.
your eyes open widely. you immediately sitting up, grabbing at your throat, and your stomach, gasping for air. Bakugos eyes blink open, hearing the sounds of someone not being able to breathe. he quickly looks at the bed, seeing you breathing rapidly and clinging to your stomach and throat, your glossy eyes wide open.

his eyes widen too, he sits up quickly, throwing the blanket off of himself and quickly walking to you. "what happened, are you okay?!" he asks, glaring in confusion. "th-they were hurting me, and I was drowning, and I felt it all." you choke on your words as tears fill your eyes, daring to fall from on to your cheeks.

"was it a dream? do you need water?!" he asks quickly, sitting beside you. "no, not water,
I- I feel like I am still drowning," you pant, your throat feels like it's being squeezed by an invisible person, with a tight hold. making it feel like you're still under water. he sits silently looking at you as tears fall down your rosy cheeks, still gasping for air, having troubles catching your breath.

as you clench at your throat and stomach, the air still not evening out, you feel strong arms rap around you. your eyes widen and you hiccup through tears, your body freezing. "it's okay, shrimpy. it was just a dream, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you," he whispers, rubbing your back softly.

you close your eyes, crying into his chest, before wrapping your arms around his back and tightly clinging to his shirt. "try to take deep breaths with me okay?" he says with a soft voice, "in..." he begins to inhale, you following. "...out." he exhales, you doing the same again.

the both of you do it a few more times, "keep that up for me, okay?" he says, still hugging you. "okay.." you reply, your breaths finally evening out. "I know this is stupid... but I care about you," he whispers.
"I care about you too."
you feel his body stiffen, his hold on you tightening a bit. "just know that you're safe here.. in my arms.." he whispers very quietly, almost like he didn't want you to hear him.

"just relax and try to fall asleep again, there's no rush," he whispered softly, you stay silent. "I understand that you feel out of breath and anxious and scared right now, so you don't need to talk if you feel like it's hard at the moment, but I will listen when you're ready."

"why are you being this nice to me?" you mumble into his chest, sniffling after your sentence. he's never been this sweet before.

"like I said, I care and worry about you." he replies with more confidence.

you feel your heart beat fast, but not the way it does when you are out of breath. this is an excited heart beat, your cheeks turning red as well. you tighten your grip on his shirt. 'maybe I was wrong in my dream... do I like him?'

"why don't you lay down?" he says, loosening his hold on you. "okay." you hesitantly let go as well before then laying down. Bakugo stands and sits at the corner of the bed for a moment, then getting up and walking towards the small couch.

"wait," you say immediately, quickly blurting it out before you can change your mind. "yeah?" he looks back at you. "don't.. leave me please..."you whisper, "I'm not, I'll be right here," he replies, pointing to small couch that's next to the bed.

"I know.. but what if I dream about it again?..." you whisper again. "fine, I'll sit here until your asleep okay?" he says sitting on the edge of the bed, you close your eyes, but not being able to fall asleep because you feel his eyes on you. "can you.. lay down with me?" you ask quietly, "sure," he replies quickly.

he lays beside you, staying quiet as he stays still. he yawns, glancing at you as you lay beside him, looking very exhausted and tired. you turn towards him as he lays flat, facing the ceiling now. he feels your eyes on him, peaking over at you again when he sees you already looking at him. he flips onto his side, towards you. "try to get some sleep, you look exhausted." he yawns.

"no, you do." you whisper, a small smile on your lips.

"mmm" he hums, closing his eyes. "goodnight Katsuki" you whisper, closing your eyes and falling asleep soon after as well.