Chapter 7: YOLO!

Only play the music when I say so, well unless you want to play it earlier, it's whatever;)

AJanae's POV:

"It's nice to meet you Mitch." I feigned a smile because in reality I was cautious of him.

"Same goes to you Miss Nova." he agreed as he finally left.

I didn't trust this 'Mitch' person and I wasn't sure why. I just felt that there was something he was keeping. I shook the thought off an went to go sit on the stands with the rest of the crowd since the game would start soon. 

"AJ! You came!" a voice yelled from the bottom of the stadium stands. Zinec made her way up towards where I was sitting and took the seat next to me.

"I didn't have a choice in the matter but yeah I guess I did come." I was relieved that I would at least have one person to watch the game with. "I never knew it would be this crowded. Does everyone come to watch their games?" I found myself asking.

"Well it's the first open game of the year so obviously it would be crowded you silly." Zinec giggled at my obliviousness.

"Right." I nodded and smiled too. 

"Hey look the game is starting!" Zinec pointed to the field. The music stopped and the crowds had grown quiet. Drum players proceeded onto the field followed by the cheerleaders of each team while doing all their stunts. It was incredible to watch and I even managed to spot Maleaka. She was a talented cheerleader and seemed to be leading the group even though Corona was the captain. "Changing your mind I see. You want to be a cheerleader, don't you?" Zinec clapped her hands in excitement.

"No." I answered truthfully. "I was just admiring their abilities, doesn't  mean I am capable of doing the same thing."

"Yeah right. I know you can do that stuff, you just don't want to become noticed." she elbowed me and grinned because she knew she was right.

I would have replied to that but suddenly the crowds erupted in loud cheers and my eyes quickly found the field again. The foot ball players were running onto the field. The captains of each team were last to appear. When Falcon took his first step on the field, the girls went crazy and started screaming above all the voices. I wasn't in the least surprised when female supporters from the opposing school started cheering out Falcon's name. "Does he always get this much attention?" 

"Get used to it. It never ends." Tamarind voiced out her thoughts as she took the seat next to Zinec.

"Hey Tamarind. Where's Aria?" I searched behind her to see if Aria was there but she wasn't. It was unusual to see Tamarind and Aria separated, so if they were, your natural response would be to ask why.

"She's somewhere around here. I only got here now. Aria is one of those fans that arrive early to get good seats." Tamarind informed us.

The commentators started to speak up. "Colton Sharp, the captain from Chaminade, is versing Fourie Falcon, the captain of the Pirates of Morrow Bay High school. My bets on today's game would be on Falcon's team. He hasn't lost a game since he became captain and as for Sharp he has only lost two games so this will be an interesting start to the football season."

"What isn't he good at?" Tamarind shook her head disapprovingly. It was obvious she couldn't stand Falcon and I couldn't blame her. He was too arrogant and conceited although he could be down to earth when he thought no one was watching.

"Who knows?" I shrugged.

"Try him being nice. That's something he isn't skilled at." Tamarind huffed in clear annoyance.