Chapter 22: 'Never Not Once'

AJanae's POV:

Slam!

I look up to see who was it this time that I bumped into. I look up into the very blue eyes of a stranger. His eyes were almost as blue as Falcon's was.

Great, I am such a klutz, just another person to add to my enemy list.

I shake my head, more to myself, "I am so sorry. I wasn't-"

He places his hands on my shoulders and his blue eyes soften as a smile escapes his lips. "Don't worry about it." he says in a cheerful voice as if he wasn't the least bit annoyed. I raise an eyebrow out of curiosity at his friendliness? Another Jaewon in our midst? "Not to be rude or anything but I am late for athletics training so I have to excuse myself. I apologize for being a klutz." he takes the words right out my mouth and hurries off into the direction of the athletic field. 

I watch him run off with wonder in my eyes. Who is he? The word 'athletics' keeps ringing in my ears. I look longingly towards the field where athletes were packing up. Wow that guy must be really late for his training then, which reminded me of JayJay an how he was always late. 

I shake my head profusely to ridden my reminiscing of the past. I walk off into the direction of the parking lot, careful in avoiding the forever moving cheer squad as not to upset their captain. I wasn't looking forward to another run in with Corona, but then again I was searching for Maleaka to lecture her on her latest faults made with Dean.

Once I reach the parking lot I see a figure leaning on the bonnet of my damaged car, which reminds me that Dean still has to make it up to me for the damage. Other than the distant figure, the lot was empty. My hand holding my water bottle begins to swing back and forth as I near the car, wondering who it was. I can't help but be weary, you never trust anyone. I learnt that I will not only forever remember it but forever live by it.

I reach the car, ready to defend myself if I have to, even if it meant using my precious water bottle. I let out a breath of a relief when I see the slouching figure is none other than the legend himself. He must hear the gravel beneath my feet because he immediately meets my eyes and a grin fulfills his features. He opens his mouth as if to speak, but then his eyes move from my face to the bottle hoisted in my hands and he begins to laugh, having put two an two together.

I lower my hand with the water bottle and wait impatiently for him to settle down. "You were seriously contemplating on attacking me with a water bottle?" he raises both brows inquisitively.

I scrunch up my face, "Pish nah uh. Where'd you get that analogy from?" I lie swiftly.

He taps his chin in mock thought as he humours me, "Chee I have no idea. Was it the hand holding the bottle in a defencive stance or was it just my imagination running wild again?" he strings me along for the fun of it.

I nod in agreement to the latter, "I don't know where your thoughts take you Drew, La La land maybe?" I joke and he rolls his eyes in amusement. I look down at the earth beneath me as we laps into a comfortable silence. I notice that his black sneakers are crossed over each other and then the thought occurs to me. I quickly look up and trace his dark blue orbs with mine, "I am surprised you waited for me. You seemed eager to boat yet here you are." I gesture to him.

He reaches up to scratch the back of his neck, typical, all three of the friends do the same thing when they are nervous. "Yeah well I had time to think about it and the more I thought about it the more it became clear to me that if I am going to tell someone, it should be you." he says, his deep blue eyes earnest.

"Why me?" I blurt out impulsively.

"Because it involves you." he says, but the way he says it with not a waver of hesitance makes me realize that he isn't  playing around anymore.