Chapter 19: Destined To Die

BONUS PIECE=D

Not part of this chapter!!!

Mark's POV:

I wake up to the beautiful sound that I grew use too. 

A girl screaming at me.

It's the same thing everyday...

"You have a girlfriend!" she yells into my ear and that manages to get my attention. I wake up and rub the ear she's yelling into.

"Yeah did I forget to mention that?" I ask, climbing out of the bed and grabbing my clothes.

"You asshole! You lied to me!" she spits in fury and I roll my eyes. The epicentre of anger always comes sooner or later.

"Technically I didn't exactly lie to you. You asked if I was free and I said yeah cause I was. Leona's away at the moment, making me free." I wink at her and she huffs before throwing my pants at me.

"You could've mentioned her before you slept with me!" she complains further and I kind of stop listening knowing that I was just going to get a lecture as per usual. I put on my pants and shirt after she decides she's finished with her speech.

"So that was a great night but I should be going. Call me if you're up for round two." I grin at her and she's so infuriated that she shoves me out the door and I chuckle which seems to anger her more judging by the way she slams the door in my face.

Ouch!

Freaking hangovers amplify every single sound. I know that I drank too much last night and I don't even remember sleeping with this nameless girl, but hey, this was normal routine for me. This was my pathetic life now.

As soon as I reach the farm, also known as my home, I run straight to the nearest bathroom and next thing I am vomiting like there's no tomorrow.

"Mark honey you never came home last night." she starts and then sees me in the kneeling position over our once squeaky clean toilet. "Are you hungover again?" her voice grows hoarse and I know I have upset her.

I promised her I was done but I was addicted, I just couldn't stop. I look up from the toilet and when I turn to see her, I see that she's already walked away.

Why can't I just keep my promises to her instead of hurting her?

I flush the toilet and run upstairs to my bedroom. I shut the door and coil into my bed, ready for sleep, but no matter how tired I am I can't sleep. I shut the blinds to stop the sun's rays from coming in because it was giving me a headache. I lie down a second time but my thoughts are jumping to places or people that I don't want to think about.

I sit up, not caring how tired I was. All I wanted was for some company, real company. I phone Leona, kind of missing her presence while she's away on cheer leading camp.

"Leona here." her high pitched voice rings from the other side of the line.

I want to feel butterflies or something, anything after hearing her voice but there's nothing. I feel nothing as I reply back. "Just called to talk."

"I can't right now baby, I am kind of busy." I hear her let out a giggle and I can hear a guy's voice in the back ground.

"Are you with someone?" I ask, trying to feel some sense of anger or jealousy when I know she's cheating on me just as I had done behind her back not even an hour ago.

"Um...no. Babe I gotta go." she giggles into the phone and then hangs up.

I want to feel rage and throw my phone against the wall, all the things that a jealous boyfriend would do but I don't because I simply don't care enough and that's what bothered me.