Chapter 4: Life Goes by in an Instant

Okay so again, only play the music once I say so, or u can play it when ever u want, just a suggestion though and I can't write this out everytime so just know each chapter gets a song and I will tell u when to play it=)

AJanae's POV:

"That's great Gran." I responded enthusiastically as I worked on my maths homework which covered half the kitchen table.

"What should I make for dinner?" Gran asked as if I was the expert at cooking which believe me I was far from it. I wasn't very sophisticated in the culinary arts but I wasn't as horrendous as Dean and his friends.

"I really don't know Gran." I replied honestly feeling that I wasn't offering any help to her at all.  "What's this friend of yours name?" I changed the subject quickly before I ended up giving terrible food suggestions.

"Her name is Lady." she smiled and her eyes beamed when just mentioning her name. I was about to open my mouth and comment on the unusual name but Gran put a finger to my lips as if she knew what I was thinking. "Yes AJanae I know it's a funny name." she teased because she knew me too well and I chuckled lightly at this.

"How long have you known her?'' I questioned and dropped my pen since I had had enough of maths for a day.                                                                                                    

"We knew each other since primary school but in matric she moved away. I haven't seen her for sixty years. Now toady I run into her at the mall and we chatted. She invited herself over." she said joyfully as she began preparing the dining room table. I had offered her my help but she politely declined because she knew that I was a klutz. I don't where I picked it up from but some how I always found a way to mess up the simplest of things.                                                                                                                                                                     

"Speaking of the mall is there more news." I asked, silently hoping for a yes. I  would  only feel at ease once that murderer was behind bars for good.

"No there wasn't any more news." she huffed and stiffened as if I had asked something I wasn't suppose to. I didn't want to pry but I felt as if she was keeping something from me and since we never kept secrets from each other the thought terrified me.  

"Just be careful Gran. I need to know exactly where you are every second of the day. Okay?" I asked in demanding tone because there was no way I was backing down on this one. As long as Gran was safe I was happy. As long as the murderer roamed freely she wasn't safe, which meant I wasn't happy. I would offer to do the groceries but I couldn't box Gran indoors forever. She would catch on to my plan.

 She was speaking and I hadn't been listening. "A home made meal with rice, chicken, vegetables and potatoes. What do you think?" she stared at me intensely, waiting for me to reply.                                                                  

''Oh sorry Gran. My mind is elsewhere today. I think that sounds yummy." I said, tuning back into the real world. 

"Love do you know that you look very pale? Are you feeling alright? Go outside for a bit, get some fresh air." she suggested and ushered me to the door. The anticipation of seeing her friend was getting to her alright.

"I see. Trying to get rid of me that easily." I joked but she didn't take lightly to it because she hadn't caught on that I was only teasing.

"No AJ that is not the reason. I'd love for you to be here and you can be. I just think some fresh air would do you some good." she panicked and rambled off nervously as if she had hit my soft spot.