Chapter 42: Storm on the Horizon (Part 1)

Fourie’s POV:

I watch in dread as Ben takes out the flickering device with the timer set in, indicating two hours at max before it goes off.

“Now for getting inside undetected.” Chad says, putting a stop on the timer for now.

“I’ll do it. I have the most experience.” Ben volunteers to do the dirty work.

That won’t work according to my real plan.

I shake my head defiantly, “No. You need to be out here, ready to make sure the bomb goes off without interference. I won’t be able to do it because I am too emotionally attached to the people down there and Chad won’t be able to do it because I’ll be down there. We’re brothers, we won’t be able to go through with it if it means one of us has to die, even if it is for the greater good. Ben, you’re the only one fit for the job.” I lie. I could do it if I wanted to do it, but the person that plants the bomb has to be me. No one else.

Reality fact, I am not planting that bomb, under no circumstances. I will disarm it as soon as I get inside. So long as Ben and Chad think it is armed then everything will go according to my plan, not theirs.

“He’s right.” Chad agrees. “If I know Fourie’s still down there by the time the bomb is supposed to go off, I’ll disarm it myself. I don’t trust myself to sacrifice. Ben, you’re the only one capable. You know that this has to be done, even if it means we’re lost along with the enemy down there. When the time runs out, you’ll be able to go through with it because you’re stronger in that sense. You have to do it.”

Ben nods, “Fine. Then Chad can slip in and plant the bomb. He has more experience and has more stealth. Fourie you can-“

“I can’t fight. Chad can fight. We need him on the inside fighting. That’s where we should focus our strength because if the fight doesn’t last then neither does the bomb. I’ll plant the bomb. I can do this. Let me do this.” I cut Ben off, trying to reason with him because if I failed to get him on my side then I’d have to do this my own way and by that I mean betraying Ben and Chad face to face.

Ben sighs, nodding, meaning that he agreed, “I see your point. Fourie you’ll do this but you have to do this. If you fail, we all fail.” Exactly.

“I won’t.” I reassure him.

I’ve already failed.

Their plan has already been diffused without them even knowing.

Now all that’s left to do is keep them dark until it is finished.

That’s where the pressure weighs heavily.

Drew’s POV:

I watch her as she still tries to digest all the news she’s heard. I am still trying to wrap my head around everything. I can only imagine how she’s still hanging on with all this new information that has been revealed to her, to us.

“AJanae please say something.” Faze begs, standing against the bars interlinked with our prison. I narrow my eyes at him, annoyed.

“Give her space. It’s a lot to take in.” I growl in a low threatening tone.

I know he’s her brother, but he needs to back off.

Faze ignores me and keeps his attention focused on his little sister. I am not worth his time and vice versa. We both only care for AJanae and for some reason that’s comforting. Knowing that someone else only has the best interest for the one you love helps a great deal in life or death situations.