Chapter 12: Dark Places

AJanae's POV:

I can tell that what ever it is Falcon wanted to tell me he wasn't going to now. I was not going to be the one to push him. He'd tell me when he was ready. 

I was also confused by what Dean had meant when he said that he had saved Falcon's life. I know it's true because of the way Falcon had reacted. I can't help but wonder what Dean had once done to save Falcon. What was meant by 'saving Falcon' in anycase?

Maybe I don't know him as well as I thought. Now that I think about it, what do I really know about him? I don't know anything about his past or his history. The fact became clear to me. I didn't truly know the dark-haired, blue-eyed boy standing before me.

"Mitch is waiting for me, he wants to talk. Suppose we leave this place?" he cocks a wary eyebrow towards me as if afraid I'd ask him what he was about to say, but I don't.

"Okay." I sigh, not really wanting to go back. Being with Falcon at this secluded part of the ocean, with the most amazing view that overlooked morrow rock, gave me an inner peace. I didn't want to loose it but I knew it would leave as soon  as I got back into that car with Falcon.

"For someone that's suppose to hate me you sure don't sound enthusiastic to leave." he smirks. I know he's only teasing but I still didn't want him to think that way.

"I don't hate you Falcon." I reply. I was straight forward with him, It was if I couldn't lie to him, I always had to tell him the truth.

"Yeah well, you will soon as you get to know me." he mumbles but I hear him and take note of what he said. The more I listen to him speak about himself the more clear it becomes to me that he seems to hate himself.

"I doubt that." I smile in his direction. If he'd break himself down constantly then I was going to be the one to pick him up. That was final.

"Yeah well lets get going." he swings his arms back and forth casually. He's doing it because he's nervous.

"Sure." I huff inwardly and we walk back to his car. 

He wastes no time in starting up the car whilst I get comfortable, meaning my feet have returned to their original position, on the dashboard of his car. I look out the window as we stray further and further away from the sea, the only thing that tends to bring me some type of joy these days. 

Whack!

I look to my feet that are once again resting on the floor. I glance over to Falcon to see him grinning over at me evilly. I put two and two together. "Would you stop hitting me?

"Would you stop putting your legs on my dashboard?" he returns the question.

I tap my chin in mock thought. "Nope." I say popping the 'p.' "I don't think I will." I say and put my legs back up on the dashboard just to get under his skin. It was amusing to see his reactions.

He pulls over to the side of the road and then turns to me. His pure turquoise eyes are narrowed down at me. It's the way a master would look at his pet for being disobedient. I give a sheepish grin in response.

"Well then...." he trails off and once again my legs are no longer resting on the dashboard. I let out a muffled giggle and immediately put my feet back onto his dashboard. "You are so annoying. Slate was right, you are one persistent girl." he huffs and it seems to me as if he's giving in.

"Yip." I pop the 'p' and nod my head defiantly. "He's also right about me always being right." I add. Falcon roll his eyes as if irritated at me, but behind his eyes I can see that he's laughing on the inside. Every time I see Falcon smiling or laughing or just in pure happiness, I found myself joining him. He rarely smiled so when he did, it made my day.