Chapter 13: Next Time Nova Blood

Fourie's POV:

First I dropped Drew off on his command as he put up a fight that he was most tired as he deals with idiots the whole day, can't argue with that that logic now. Shortly after I dropped off Slate. I headed straight to AJanae's house to make sure she made it home safely, even though I was dead beat tired. I would have phoned her but I remembered that she was probably the only girl who had not offered her number willingly to me so I had not gotten it.

I stopped right outside her house but noticed her car wasn't parked in the drive way as per usual. She should've been home by now, maybe she had parked her car in the garage instead. Just too be sure I went up to the front door and knocked.

The door opened, but it it didn't reveal the person I hoped to see.

"Evening. I am a..." I pause not knowing what we were to each other. "Friend of Nova's, I mean AJanae. Can I please speak to her?" I asked as kindly as possible to the elderly stranger before me.

"Mitch's son right?" she asked, a worried expression on her face. I nodded in response. "She's not home yet. I was expecting her to be home now but I haven't seen her. I thought she might be with you."

"Have you tried calling her?" I ask calmly, not seeing the need to panic just yet.

"Yes. I did earlier and she said that your father was giving her a lift home but that was more than an hour ago. I phoned again but her phone's switched off. Do you think she's okay?" her Gran, or what seems to be her Gran, asks me, unaware of the fact that I too know her granddaughter has been marked.

If she's with Mitch then she is most definitely not okay...

"Yeah I am sure she's fine. Don't worry I'll get her home safely." I reassure her gran and run back to my car.

I know her exact location and when I get there I will kill Mitch for using her as bait!

AJanae's POV:

I follow Mitch's actions and get out of the car only to be met by a cool breeze. I pull my arms around myself in order to keep some body ventilation.

"Mr Falcon can you please explain to me what happened here today. I've only heard a few bits and pieces." I admit, but the real reason behind my question was in order to try and get a read of his true motives.

Mitch takes his time before answering my question, first surveying the area as we stand at the steel gates which lead into the carnival area. I sigh, knowing he'd take a while so instead I try sooth myself, but listening to the deadly waves crashing on the coast not far off from where we stood, gave me goosebumps. The wind is blowing uncontrollably, whipping loose strands of my hair continuously into my face. The tide seems to be at its very highest considering it's peek hour. Our only source of light is the glowing moonlight which lit up patches of the earth and other than that we were consumed in pure darkness.

"In the tunnel of doom four bodies were found. The signs are the same which means it's the same killer. A few people who were in the tunnel of doom managed to alert the rest of the people, causing a stampede in which 13 people counted for have been declared dead and two severally injured. Security cameras caught a man in a beige hood to be the last person leaving the carnival. We think it's him but we can't prove anything because we don't have enough evidence. There wasn't enough footage to identify the killer, but what we do know is that our killer never strikes in public places. Our conclusions results in the fact that something..." Mitch's deep voice trails off as he glances towards me, "Or someone drew him out."

Mitch eyes me carefully as if inspecting my next reaction. I think back to earlier today when a man with a beige hoodie had bumped into me. He had scampered away without even bothering to apologize. I had seen his stance and walk, indicating to me that he had planned on walking into me, and solely me. It wasn't long after that when the murders had taken place.