Chapter 21: It Doesn't Matter?

AJanae's POV:

Dean is an unique being. He acts like nothing matters when really, everything matters. I know he has got a massive heart, that much has been proved time and time again. The problem was peer pressure and popularity, and the most obvious being Maleaka Dekra. All these factors hold him back from achieving true greatness. Now as I stand and look at him, I see that it wasn't in his best interest to hurt me. He would never deliberately do that.

He won't look at me and I know it's because he feels tremendously guilty for exposing my secret. I take a step forwards and wrap my arms around his neck, "I am sorry Dean." I whisper.

He's too shocked to respond or hug me back and just when he is about to react, I move away. "I am going to take that as you forgiving me?"

I nod and smile, "Now what is it you wanted to talk so desperately about.?" I offer, and cross Drew off for now, but made a mental note to speak to him later. "Drew don't think you're off the hook, we're talking later." I point my index finger at him but he looks relieved. He begins to walk away happily, glad that he doesn't have to share anything.

"What are you doing by the druggie station anyways? Something else you're hiding from me?" Dean smirks down at me as he takes in the scene.

"Better question. How did you know exactly where to find me? Are you stalking me?" I raise my eyebrows and watch as his mouth falls agape. I suppress a giggle at his expression, I stole his own line and used it against him.

"Don't flatter yourself Nova. I was stalking Drew." he winks and I laugh. Typical of him to be able to say something back every time. "Fourie gave me your exact location if you must know. So what were you and lover boy talking about anyways?" he questions casually but he seems generally curious.

"Drew and I were not discussing anything of importance." I say, emphasizing the 'Drew' part to inform Dean that he was not my lover boy. "Now tell me what you wanted from me."

He smirks as if I said something wrong, "Oh there is a lot of things I want from you Lala." he says in a husky tone as his eyes rake me up and down. I step forward and stand on my tippy toes to whack him on the head. "Ouch! Now that was uncalled for."

"Oh it was called for." I disagree in annoyance but with a light sense of humour too.

His facial expression changes to one of seriousness, all hints of playfulness gone. "I think I am in love with Maleaka. Now I know this is difficult for you considering that you're in love with me but-"

"Say that I am in love with you one more time and you can forget my help. I threw the lollipop to distract you because I saw how devastated you looked when you saw Maleaka and her boyfriend. I was only trying to help you." I tell him honestly and a grateful expression appears on his features, but only for a split second before it's replaced with his million dollar smirk.

"Jealous." he mumbles in between fake coughing. "Okay lets go with your excuse then. I know it will be difficult for you to accept, but not because you're in love with me, but because you want my babies and-"

I don't let him finish. I loosen the cap of my half empty water bottle and release the remaining contents over him. That should shut him up. He reacts immediately, having not expecting that from me. He jumps up and down, "Cold! Holy freaking cow its cold! So cold! Cold! Cold! Cold!" 

I feel a tad bit guilty when I take the weather into consideration...just a tad though.

Before I can even run away, because I know he'll want to get even, I am yanked forward by the hemp of my shirt. Dean grabs onto me, clinging to me for some type of warmth. I roll my eyes and try to get the hemp of my shirt out of his tightly grasped fists. "Dean let go." I whine as I feel the water from him starting to seep into my shirt too.