Chapter 29: The Mystery that is Morrow Bay

AJanae's POV:

"Zinec!" I yell at the top of my lungs as I watch her climbing into the white Toyota with Dameren as the driver.

Thankfully she hears me and stops Dameren from riding away. I let out a breath of relief when he cuts the engine and allows for Zinec to step out the car. I rush over to her, afraid that I'd lose my chance if I didn't hurry. 

"What's up muchacho?" she says as a grin escapes onto her lips.

I start off in a panic, "Well I was wondering if you have time..." I trail off as I register what she had just called me. "Did you just call me a boy...in Spanish?" I raise my eyebrow.

She shrugs, "Heard the word on a movie and it sounded cool. You were my guinea pig for it."

"Try the word 'chica' next time. I can guarantee you that you'd get better results." I say, holding back a laugh. "Anyways Zinec I was wondering if you had time to talk sometime today."

"Well what ever, Spanish is stupid anyways." Zinec smirks, not the least bit embarrassed with her epic fail. The female version of Slate right here people. "I guess if you need to talk I am available now." she shrugs as if she didn't mind either way.

I glance at Dameren to see that he is definitely displeased at this idea. "It's okay. We can speak another time. I think your guy has plans." I motion with my head towards Dameren.

Zinec snorts, "Dameren doesn't care?" she turns toward Dameren, "You don't care, right babe?" she asks him.

He speaks up, "Actually I-" Zinec cuts him off with an impolite cough.

"See he doesn't care at all." she finishes for him without even taking his feelings into consideration. He seems hurt but we both know that Zinec never intended to hurt him. She was just being her goofy usual self and she never realized that she was talking over him. "It will just take a minute or so Dame and then we'll be back." Zinec chirps happily as she loops her arm with mine.

I turn around to give him an apologetic glance to which he shrugs simply and waves it off as if it was nothing, whilst Zinec keeps dragging me along side her. "Jeez Zinec for such a little frame you sure have might huh?" I tease because it was the truth. Her constant gripping on my arm is painful.

We come to a stop at the back of the school where all the 'popular' kids tend to hang out, including Corona unfortunately. "So what do you want to discuss?"

I decide to get straight to the point, no use in beating around the bush. "Zinec do you remember all the things you told me when I first came here?" I ask her. She shakes her head a little to quickly for my liking. "Zinec please just be serious for a few minutes and then I'll leave you alone. I promise. I just need some answers."

She sighs before she takes a seat down at a random table and pulls me down with her. Her playful features begin to fade away as her eyes dull with all graveness, "What is it that you want to know?"

I take in a deep breath before continuing, "You said that Morrow Bay isn't safe. You said that people are dying and they have been for years now. What does that even mean?" I question all in one breath, determined to find out what ploy is going on in this town that everyone keeps turning a blind eye to when clearly there was something up.

Zinec huffs in frustration, "So the history of Morrow Bay. That's what you're inquiring about?" I nod, realizing that's exactly what I needed to know. If I knew when everything started then surely I can find an end to it all. "Morrow Bay has always been that typical quiet serene safe little place that just about anyone can call home. Well that all changed about fifteen years ago when the first serial killing took place. That was the first danger Morrow Bay had ever known up until then. Of course we never caught any of them. Never have. In fact some think that the killer that keeps attacking this town in certain time intervals is the same one from all those years ago." she begins to explain it all to me.